Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Oh I don't know, 2 points in total, shared evenly would be an acceptable return don't you think?
On a more serious note, I hope we make them work for it. So many people writing us off at 4/5 nil win for City which is nonsense. We're not f**king Huddersfield.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Really want to see Mooy start this one playing in a central midfield 3 alongside Stephens and Propper, with Trossard playing a free role behind Maupay.

I’ve got a real sneeky feeling we might get something today ! UTA !

:clap:

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
To Hughton's credit, we weren't a disgrace against the big teams...aside from Liverpool who cut through us like butter, but they have one of the fastest counter attacks in Europe. The measure for me is reconconciling Potter's approach with damage limitation with giving us half a chance of nicking a goal. This was Hughton's strength. Today is the first real test of the new approach with that challenge.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Really want to see Mooy start this one playing in a central midfield 3 alongside Stephens and Propper, with Trossard playing a free role behind Maupay.

I’ve got a real sneeky feeling we might get something today ! UTA !

:clap:

For the first time since we have been a Premier League team I am actually looking forward to seeing us play a top two team away from home. It could all go cricket score but I feel that at least we will give ourselves a chance, however small. Not settle for a narrow defeat as an achievement before a ball is kicked

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I hope we get a result that ensures we're shown last on MOTD.
A painful 1-0 win will do.

No no and thrice no. Been there done it, dull dull dull

An exciting 1-0 is acceptable though

Sorry if I’m misinterpreted your post and the 1-0 refers to us winning but surely that would ensure first up on MOTD?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
3 - 0 or 2 - 2

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just left Euston, the most entitled here we come

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
My edit to a more up-to-date pic failed.
They're planning to do the other end too, which will increase the capacity to 63,000 making it the second biggest club ground in the UK... and in Manchester.

45604090932_1ab7c75203_b.jpg

So steep!
View attachment 114830

Allow me.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
No no and thrice no. Been there done it, dull dull dull

An exciting 1-0 is acceptable though

Sorry if I’m misinterpreted your post and the 1-0 refers to us winning but surely that would ensure first up on MOTD?

Yes, it was us to win.
A win for City would definitely be up near the start of the programme.
A thrashing by City would be first up.
Little BHA winning painfully against one of the BBC's favourite teams would surely be an embarrassment and hidden away near the end.

I agree, I don't want painful football but I think we've got to accept we're going to have it dished up a few times this season. This game is likely to be one of those times.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'm struggling to see anything other than a shellacking today.

The way we have played in the first three games leaves us very susceptible to the counter attack. Unfortunately, City are apparently quite good on the counter...

I am however quite looking forward to the game. I think the way we play will give us our best chance so far of getting a positive result but the flip side is I think it greatly increases our chances of an absolute whooping too.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
To Hughton's credit, we weren't a disgrace against the big teams...aside from Liverpool who cut through us like butter, but they have one of the fastest counter attacks in Europe. The measure for me is reconconciling Potter's approach with damage limitation with giving us half a chance of nicking a goal. This was Hughton's strength. Today is the first real test of the new approach with that challenge.

Why can't we have two managers?

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I can't see passst a lost tbh, just hope it's not embarrassing and we make them work for the win.

My fear is an early goal for them and the flood gates open.

Why are people thinking we can get a result? Genuine question.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Yes, it was us to win.
A win for City would definitely be up near the start of the programme.
A thrashing by City would be first up.
Little BHA winning painfully against one of the BBC's favourite teams would surely be an embarrassment and hidden away near the end.

I agree, I don't want painful football but I think we've got to accept we're going to have it dished up a few times this season. This game is likely to be one of those times.

No chance! If we were to get any kind of result up there it would obviously be huge - however we achieved it - and we'd absolutely be up first or second depending on other results.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here