Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Manchester City ready to pay €150m to sign Harry Kane from Tottenham

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Top player - England captain - never in headlines for being a dick - with childhood sweetheart - Won the golden boot at the World Cup - showed huge resilience at the euros when some were stupidly questioning him and answered the questions hugely - why would anyone not like him (unless you’re Arsenal)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes. Of course he is. Kane in that team guarantees the title and would challenge PSG for the Champions League. His character off the pitch is worth just as much as his performances and ability on it. He is worth every penny.

You forgot his rampant desire to paralysis any of his fellow professionals who dare to jump for an evenly contestable ball in his vicinity, then claim to be fouled.

That level of ****ishness doesn't grow on trees, or come cheap.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Did Man City make any redundancies or cut backs due to covid?

Same as the rest of the world it seems the pandemic has just made the rich richer and more powerful.

They do need a striker though, they seem oddly a bit thin in that department. Do they even bother with any u23 strikers at that club? Perhaps there might be someone worth a loan to us? I mean they'll never break into the City first team now.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Top player - England captain - never in headlines for being a dick - with childhood sweetheart - Won the golden boot at the World Cup - showed huge resilience at the euros when some were stupidly questioning him and answered the questions hugely - why would anyone not like him (unless you’re Arsenal)

You remind me a bit of Swansmums' blinkered love for Potter!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Because he purposely backs into players when they're going up for a headers

Yep - he does. And it was clever / cheating / unsportsmanlike - but no reason not to like him, over one incident that didn’t make a huge bearing on our season, possibly even that game, who knows… Luckily none of our forwards have done this - especially anyone from Cumbria who made a career of this sort of thing… :lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yes. Of course he is. Kane in that team guarantees the title and would challenge PSG for the Champions League. His character off the pitch is worth just as much as his performances and ability on it. He is worth every penny.

Indeed, a proven finisher who will thrive on the service he will get at City, I would say he could bag up to 40 goals in a full season if he stays injury free. More importantly if City get a penalty in a Champions League semi final you know Kane would bury it.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Yep - he does. And it was clever / cheating / unsportsmanlike - but no reason not to like him, over one incident that didn’t make a huge bearing on our season, possibly even that game, who knows… Luckily none of our forwards have done this - especially anyone from Cumbria who made a career of this sort of thing… :lol:

Haha I hear ya.. :wink: But big Glen didn't do it whilst they were in the air! And I'm not one-eyed enough to single him out for one incident against us. He is a repeated offender which was brought up a lot on here.

But otherwise yeah he's quite good. But is a little shite!

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Technically, FFP is about spending relative to income to avoid clubs spending beyond their theoretical means. Think there is some stuff about being averaged over 3 years? The sovereign wealth sitting behind these clubs that can write off millions as small change should technically be irrelevant. Does sponsorship of the tea lady for £500m really count as income?
With ffp allowing citeh to spend £250m on two players, they have to have spent more than a legitimate income?
When the majority of income comes from TV, with supposed ffp, how can the monies spent by the likes of Citeh be orders of magnitude greater than #teamslikebrighton, and still be compliant with ffp?
Just doesn’t stack up? Shirt sales and match day income differentials for Citeh vs BHA, do not equate to them being able to spend £250 on two player or do they?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Technically, FFP is about spending relative to income to avoid clubs spending beyond their theoretical means. Think there is some stuff about being averaged over 3 years? The sovereign wealth sitting behind these clubs that can write off millions as small change should technically be irrelevant. Does sponsorship of the tea lady for £500m really count as income?
With ffp allowing citeh to spend £250m on two players, they have to have spent more than a legitimate income?
When the majority of income comes from TV, with supposed ffp, how can the monies spent by the likes of Citeh be orders of magnitude greater than #teamslikebrighton, and still be compliant with ffp?
Just doesn’t stack up? Shirt sales and match day income differentials for Citeh vs BHA, do not equate to them being able to spend £250 on two player or do they?

When a player is purchased, the transfer fee is amortised over the length of the contract (well, unless you are Derby County). Grealish signed a six-year contract, so the annual cost for accounting purposes is "only" £16.6m.

Also, Albion's total revenue in 2019-20 was £133m. Man City's was £478m. So yes, their income DOES dwarf ours.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Haha I hear ya.. :wink: But big Glen didn't do it whilst they were in the air! And I'm not one-eyed enough to single him out for one incident against us. He is a repeated offender which was brought up a lot on here.

But otherwise yeah he's quite good. But is a little shite!

Yeh I guess it’s the winning mentality type thing - look at what a cock ronaldo was in his younger years - the wink at getting Rooney sent off etc etc… I just think Kane comes across as a decent bloke and what you hear suggests nothing different to that - a big reason the England team has been so likeable in the last few tournos too imo. He’s a great player but I’m talking him as a professional - I just really like him. A bit like Chris Hughton but I’m player form for example.

Back to topic - if City sign him we may as well not turn up against them - even with 10 or 9 men they’d be favs against most teams I think…!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
How FFP applies will depend on the length of the contract. Grealish is on a 6 year contract so his £100m is actually about £16.5m per year. Kane might be a lot more because of his age but again will depend on the length of his contract.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Chelsea confirm signing Lukaku for £97.5m so is Kane at £110m so outrageous?

Football has gone a bit mad though….but no change there
£110M? Where did that come from? Considerably less than the €150m that Citeh are apparantly offering, is it not? The OP quoted €150m - then post #2 came up with a random £110M and everyone seems to have latched on to that. Weird.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
£110M? Where did that come from? Considerably less than the €150m that Citeh are apparantly offering, is it not? The OP quoted €150m - then post #2 came up with a random £110M and everyone seems to have latched on to that. Weird.

NSC whispers :lol: it’s about £130m at a guess right? That’s a whole locadia and a half difference ffs!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here