Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Manchester City Exits

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think you can understand Gundogan going:
  • Offered a longer contract
  • A once-in-a-lifetime chance to play for one of the biggest teams in the world
  • Barcelona is undoubtedly a nicer place to live
  • He's already achieved everything there is to achieve in England
  • Probably more money (?)
Manchester in the rain with miserable northerners or sunny cosmopolitan Barca….no brainer.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
In the case of going to Barcelona, to play for a club with some history in an iconic stadium in a great city.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Doubt he’s being paid more than at city but longer contract on probably similar money and living in Barcelona rather than the northern part of England is no doubt more appealing to him , just for the climate and food .

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Doubt he’s being paid more than at city but longer contract on probably similar money and living in Barcelona rather than the northern part of England is no doubt more appealing to him , just for the climate and food .
You’re not gonna tell me he’s turning his nose up at battered sausage and chips Lancashire hotpot and all the rest to nosh down on some fancy Spanish stuff

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
You’re not gonna tell me he’s turning his nose up at battered sausage and chips Lancashire hotpot and all the rest to nosh down on some fancy Spanish stuff
Not forgetting those lovely oozing with grease Spam fritters. They used to sell those in a chippy just around the corner from the Goldstone, a rare treat after a couple of pints in the Hove Park Tavern, before l went to a home game back in the day.

Probably accounts for the size l am today.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Maybe he didn’t but his missus did complain that the food is shite in Manchester

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here