manchester based fans

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bnfrnkln

all the lads...
Nov 2, 2009
the ministry of flair
afternoon all,
firstly i hope ive not been tarnished for life on NSC for starting the elliott bennett to norwich thread :blush:

I'm on the move from worthing to manchester tomorrow in search of fame and fortune and while packing my albion shirts into my bag i wondered how many other fans are based around the city centre up there? wouldn't mind sitting down in a pub for soccer saturday and hearing cheers when we stick a few past watford on saturday.
any good recommendations for bars etc?

cheers, and see you at oldham and rochdale:bhasign:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
There's quite a few of us in Manchester, we do travel to a lot of the away games (just done Southampton, Exeter and Bournemuff) and Watford, Orient and Brizzle are all lined up for next week.

Whenever the Albion are on TV we go to a pub together and baffle the locals, so you will be more than welcome.

bnfrnkln

all the lads...
Nov 2, 2009
the ministry of flair
moving to the deansgate locks area.
the plymouth game is on sky in about a months time if i remember rightly? if you meet up for that let me know!

Cheers

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I live in Manchester, but have never been to a pub meet up :(

Deansgate locks is lively on a weekend night, but then I guess you already know that!

Stu1

Sep 21, 2004
Leeds
There's quite a few of us in Leeds and may be about to change jobs based in Manchester from Leeds I'm from Worthing too been in Leeds for about a year feel free to pm me

The guys from the TSLR are based in Manchester unfortunately you've chosen the bad side of the pennines

sicky burp

Sep 19, 2008
Welcome to the republic of mancunia,hope you enjoy your time here,give this pub a visit ,The Peveril of the Peak, a few FC United fans meet on a wednesday for a few beers.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Deansgate is good for the birds!

Summer coming - Duke 92 is the place to go, massive beer garden concreted but alongside the canal (should get some images on google)...get there early if you want a decent seat though!

Mojos Bar - tucked away bar that is rock n roll/cocktails/beer/indie music/elvis/stones/beatles/Arctics...you name it, they play it!!

AVOID the printworks - Think of West Street and you're close!

Manchester rocks....and no there are no cobbled streets, drug wars, gangs etc etc etc......I lived there over 5 years in that area and never saw trouble once!

Enjoy!!!!!
:thumbsup:

ManchesterSeagull

Nov 16, 2009
I live in Manchester as I go to Uni here, get yourself to Fallowfield (20mins on the bus from deansgate locks) and get to the Friendship Inn. Alongside about 10hd tv's they've got ESPN and some hookey channel subscription from abroad, meaning they show so many games. I watched the Arsenal, United and Villa game in there this eve!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports