Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Managers this season that have caught your eye.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Edible Eddie Howe and Dishy Douglas Freedman catch my eye every season, not for the football their teams play, but because they're both so bloody gorgeous!

I used to have a good looking mate called Ian Candy. All the girls called him I Candy :thumbsup:

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I've been impressed with James Beattie, to take over at Accrington and manage to keep them up fairly comfortably in his first full season was quite impressive. I can see him being at a bigger club before too long.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Steve McLaren - He may have been a dud at international level but his results at Middlesbrough, FC Twente and now Derby who lets face it played us off the park the other night show what a good club manager he is.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Only one stands out to me. Uwe Rosler.

He built a Brentford team, and a way of playing, that got them promoted to the Championship. Had he remained there, I've no doubt that they would have been a difficult proposition for us next season (they still might be!).

He then left for Wigan, and until their long season eventually caught up with them, carried on winning. I've no doubt that without having to play in Europe and perhaps putting league before cup, that Wigan will be the best team in the league next season.

Rosler the man is impressive in the way he approaches management and his media duties. Wigan are very lucky, and I'd have him here in an instant.

gjh1971

May 7, 2007

He built a Brentford team, and a way of playing, that got them promoted to the Championship. Had he remained there, I've no doubt that they would have been a difficult proposition for us next season (they still might be!).

He then left for Wigan, and until their long season eventually caught up with them, carried on winning. I've no doubt that without having to play in Europe and perhaps putting league before cup, that Wigan will be the best team in the league next season.

Rosler the man is impressive in the way he approaches management and his media duties. Wigan are very lucky, and I'd have him here in an instant.

Rosler has failed in the play offs for the last two seasons - therefore he suits us perfectly

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia

What he said.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I know he's marmite, but Steve Evans has done very well firstly at Crawley and now causing waves with Rotherham. If he didn't have such a chequered past then I wouldn't mind him being our new Manager!

Unless Russell Slade can outwit him at Wembley. And you wouldn't want HIM back, now...

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Sean Dyche for his "one game at a time" approach to the Championship, and keeping his team the same for most matches. Luckily they didn't get injuries so that plan could have backfired for them!
But like his honesty when talking about incidents in matches, and giving the other team praise when they played well.

Uwe Rosler, for the way he encouraged Wigan from the sideline at the Amex, he really motivated them. Lots of animation and shouting, unlike our "quiet" man at the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here