Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Managers Job

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Managers Job

I read that DK has received a number of high quality applications for the managers post, but I'd also be interested to know how many not so high quality applications have dropped on his desk. (i.e timewasters whose life work experience to date has included a summer stint in Macdonalds and a years stacking shelves in Tesco's)

I'm interested to know because for some strange reason, I've often wanted to put in an application for a football managers position purely just for a laugh and also to see if I got a reply back.

Has anyone on here ever applied for The Albion Managers job or any other league club for that matter ? for a laugh of course.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Second interview at Selhurst Park.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There was a superb reply from Steve Gibson, the Middlesbrough chairman, when some bloke wrote in applying for the Boro job, citing his extensive Championship Manager experience.
I'd find a link, but I can't really be arsed.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My brother applied for Adam Crozier's old job at the FA when he left for the post office.

He wasn't joking though.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
that boro thing was class:clap: :clap:

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Easy 10 said:
There was a superb reply from Steve Gibson, the Middlesbrough chairman, when some bloke wrote in applying for the Boro job, citing his extensive Championship Manager experience.
I'd find a link, but I can't really be arsed.

I'd fail there then, though I'm pretty good on Medal of Honour !!

bardo

Jul 6, 2004
Seaford
I once set a mate a fake reply on headed notepaper, after Mullery went, offering him the vacant job. I think I've still got a copy around somewhere.

Great wheeze eh!

:)

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Tubby Mondays said:
I applied when Barry Lloyd got f***ed off. Didnt even receive a reply. Bastards.
I did as well and got a very nice reply from the then Chief Executive (some bloke called Bellotti - whatever happened to him?) which made it sound as if I was really unlucky and only didn't get the job because Liam Brady was available.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I'm gonna have to have a Wozza moment...

*sigh*

The nerds who apply for managers' jobs citing the hours they've wasted on the elaborate spreadsheet that is Championship Manager should be banned from owning season tickets for life. Even giving them the oxygen of the obligatory twee little filler story in the local newspaper and polite-yet-tired responses clubs inevitably send back when they really want to scream "GET A GIRLFRIEND" should stop. Immediately. It's more boring than doing a really big poo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here