Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Managers interviewed in the summer?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Do we know why?

He wanted to bring his own back room staff.

Also (as the rumour goes) had a few players he wanted to bring in on loan, which the club refused to pay the wage percentage of

Carroll, Pritchard and veljkovic (who was on the boro bench today)

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
For now ignore FFP we know the club's spin on everything negative is based around FFP. My original question is why Sammi and not Sherwood or anyone else who was interviewed. Has Bloom got a thing about foreign managers over home grown or was Sammi the best man for the job?

I'm starting to think that we panicked in the summer and signed the only man who man himself available for the job.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
For now ignore FFP we know the club's spin on everything negative is based around FFP. My original question is why Sammi and not Sherwood or anyone else who was interviewed. Has Bloom got a thing about foreign managers over home grown or was Sammi the best man for the job?

I'm starting to think that we panicked in the summer and signed the only man who man himself available for the job.

Cheapest option after Sherwood and one other told us to do one.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Right. When we were trying to get a new manager / coach (again) in the summer the options on here were being clouded by hysteria, necessity and the betting markets. Now this thread is also being clouded by conjecture. Sticking to purely the betting lists the candidates appear to have been:

Tim Sherwood
Steve Clarke
Paul Clement
Sami

Dave Jones has been mentioned by a couple of people I respect. Nathan may or may not have applied.

Look at those six names in isolation and, well, feel completely underwhelmed. I don't think Sami is up to it. However, off that list, I'd have Clarke as a replacement but it would be like going to an Indian and ordering a mild Chicken Tikka because the alternatives were 'risky high spiced battery chicken'. 'vegetarian dish you've never heard of' and 'appears on every menu'.

I don't think Hyppia is up to it but I don't think we could replace him adequately either.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Any who wanted a say in player transfers wouldn't have got to an interview, meaning the quality was not as high as it could have been....probably.

Yes men only is my guess.

The more I think about it the more I think you are spot on.

No no leave the player recruitment to our other people. He has a really big list. Brilliant :facepalm:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That team that Poyet assembled was very strong. That was our chance.

It was strong but I do think some credit for that should go both to Gus's persuasive nature and also the coaching at our club at the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here