Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Manager waiting

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
players maybe but when you have a contracted manager who is suspended its surely a bit different

It was a wee bit tongue in cheek, but it does make me chuckle when fans and clubs show total astonishment when players and their agents put there names about whilst under contract to look at other options.

Every club has a whole department dedicated to find a player to replace their current ones.

Players and agents know this and rightly counter balance it by their own actions.

Sometimes conveniently overlooked by many.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
We await the arrival of Oscar Garcia Junyent

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
i think thats exactly what we are seeing here already, which is why its so alien to everyone. but it sounds just like employment disputes are conducted normally, with maneuverings from both sides, the employer tightlipped and the employee's representitives giving carefully framed statements to portray a harsh managment. I think the emphasis on FFP is overplayed, there is also a matter of process and indeed principle if a breach has occured.

If FFP wasn't an issue I believe we'd have seen the whole business sorted long before now. £2.5 Million is huge (if that's what we have to pay him). Even half that amount will impact massively on FFP compliance. No FFP then there'd be an amount agreed, both parties move on and The Albion lose 9.5 Million instead of 8 with no transfer embargo to worry about, no fines to consider.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
how can the club have a new man lined up when we still have a manager even if suspended
if they have a man lined up its very very naughty

Maybe so, but I bet it happens. I would be very surprised if the next manager hasn't discussed possible signings.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Did I not read somewhere that the next manager is still in a job and nothing can be done until the Gus situation is resolved, or did I dream this?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
players maybe but when you have a contracted manager who is suspended its surely a bit different

A manager constantly telling the world and his wife that he'd happily move as soon as the right offer comes along? The Albion are finally getting smart. They know that sooner or later Poyet would jump ship, probably at a crucial time in the season because that's when clubs usually start to panic/fire. Better for The Albion to be in control as far as I'm concerned. Doesn't mean I'm taking sides here. Poyet did well for us, I enjoyed a lot of the football under him but I and countless others campaigned for The Albion, BHAFC. Not Gus Poyet's CV. He'll move on, we'll move on-I just wish it would happen now.

Aug 23, 2011
It was a wee bit tongue in cheek, but it does make me chuckle when fans and clubs show total astonishment when players and their agents put there names about whilst under contract to look at other options.

Every club has a whole department dedicated to find a player to replace their current ones.

Players and agents know this and rightly counter balance it by their own actions.

Sometimes conveniently overlooked by many.

I don't know how involved PB was at Spurs with managers (although reportedly on wiki he was instrumental in getting Redknapp in) but twice at Spurs during his time there managers were replaced very quickly and in the case of Martin Jol, Ramos was supposedly being interviewed/spoken to months before they got rid of Jol.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Did I not read somewhere that the next manager is still in a job and nothing can be done until the Gus situation is resolved, or did I dream this?

I'm sure you didn't read that from any reputable source, something like that could be used in future law suits

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I don't know how involved PB was at Spurs with managers (although reportedly on wiki he was instrumental in getting Redknapp in) but twice at Spurs during his time there managers were replaced very quickly and in the case of Martin Jol, Ramos was supposedly being interviewed/spoken to months before they got rid of Jol.

well he has ****ed up this time
and if this is so with the Albion then Gus might have known what was coming and headed him off at the pass so to speak
my trust in the club is very fast waning
my trust in this whole sorry business is waning

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Yes, I do.

Lined up and waiting to step in, when the legal coast is clear for him to do so.

This is correct. The club want rid of Poyet - They'd be pretty dumb not to have worked on bringing in a replacement.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Does anyone really believe we have someone lined up ready, with all that's dragging on I can't see it, don't think the club have thought this far ahead yet, as someone else said time is ticking.:down:

Are you a Palarse troll. What a pathetic thing to say about our Club.

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
This is correct. The club want rid of Poyet - They'd be pretty dumb not to have worked on bringing in a replacement.

You sure on this , the info we are getting says not, any manager worth his salt will wait to see the outcome before even considering us, don't think the club have approached anyone so think the delay will go into new season hope not but can't see any other way, these things always take time.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
You can't deny that the clock is ticking... pre season is getting closer... time continues to move forward... what is Braber doing about this?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here