Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Manager of the Month

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Can anyone explain why Wilkins wasn't nominated for League One Manager of the Month again in November?
OK, so he wasn't going to win it with the way Forest played, but he should have been placed second given that we played 7 games (including 2 against sides in the top few) and didn't lose any of them.

That's better than both Huddersfield and Orient, and their mangers were nominated!!

Ice Man

Jan 5, 2006
We only won one league game though.

And I believe it's given out on League form only.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
We only won one league game though.

And I believe it's given out on League form only.

Fair enough, but we drew away at Orient (having been robbed by a crap ref) and drew at home with top of the table Carlisle, with ten men for a while - surely good enough form for a nomination.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Whereas a good ref may have given a pen to them early in the game and might have disallowed Dean Cox's goal for climbing by Forster

And would have allowed Hammond's perfectly good header and given Bas a penalty a minute later.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
its done on points dropped - regardless of who we played, we only took maximum points in one match this month

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i think keith downing should have got it - as cheltenham only lost ONCE in the league this month and won ONE match - and thta was against LEEDS, which must count for double?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
if we had of won ALL our games he would of won it, as this GREAT manager did

Attachments

• 0,,10360~3482236,00[1].jpg
    0,,10360~3482236,00[1].jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 127

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
was never gonna get voted in on our league form in november although i was suprised that andy ritchie (lost at home to orient on sat) was

orient have had a similar month to us as well with draws against us and swindon

thought that

john ward - beating leeds and a draw at the withdean would have put him in there
calderwood - think like carlisle they only played 3 games but beat in form crewe and hammered southend
o'driscoll - doncaster have shot up the league
who ever is in charge at crewe these days - after 3 wins out of 4

would have been the 4

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here