Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Manager of the month and player of the month

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Well done boys , hopefully not the kiss of death

I've just given this a thumbs down when I intended to give a thumbs up. Big fingers - small phone screen. So apologies. It was precisely what I was thinking

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I've just given this a thumbs down when I intended to give a thumbs up. Big fingers - small phone screen. So apologies. It was precisely what I was thinking
Press the thumbs up once to cancel the thumbs down, then a 2nd time to award the thumbs up, as originally intended.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Yay!!!!! A football thread :lolol:

Excellent for both. Who'd ever have thought Hughton would get the first award of the new season after the dismal end to 2014/2015 when his team couldn't combine to hit a barn door with a banjo let alone score goals and win games.

And Kazenga getting his first ever award based on consistency and having an end result to his game (Solly March watch and learn!). No more one trick pony!

Great stuff

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Fantastic for both and very much deserved. I read that Kaz went back to Newcastle to his family during his break and worked really hard before pre-season, so I am really pleased for him that is paying off and shows a great maturity from that lad.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Both well deserved. I'd have been suprised if anyone else had won, they were by far the stand out candidates.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I thought there was some kind of error when I saw Orient in League Two, didn't even realise they got relegated last season but I'm sure I must've known that at some point!

It surprised me when they went down tbf.
They appeared to succeed in doing what we tried so hard to achieve. - from a seemingly safe position they just couldn't win games while others around them scraped a few points together.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Well done to both men! I think CH may have a few of these come May.

I think thats the 5th or 6th one he has won but to be honest it looks like shit. Who would want that on their mantle piece but the award itself is a nice achievement. Well done sir

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Anyone know the last time we picked up a manager and player double? Must have been in our League One days I'm guessing?

According to Wiki, it was March 2011 - Gus Poyet and Casper Ankergran

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Has KLL had a sex change? BBC Radio Sussex keep referring to him, or her, as Lizenga. Quite confusing really

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think thats the 5th or 6th one he has won but to be honest it looks like shit. Who would want that on their mantle piece but the award itself is a nice achievement. Well done sir

This is the last time CH smashed the Championship:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009–10_Newcastle_United_F.C._season

Interesting to see we have the same points as Newcastle had at the same stage. Hughton took them to 1st on the 24th Oct and remained top for the rest of the campaign. The man has form.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here