Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man Utd's season

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Yes United spend loads of money but by and large they can afford to because of the money they can generate. The wage bill at Old Trafford, as a percentage of income (or turnover) is much less than a fair few clubs in the Premier League including Palace. All this despite the heavy debt put on the club. As my United-supporting mate keeps telling me 'Chelsea win trophies because of Abramovich but United win trophies despite the Glasers'

While that is probably true. Biggest club in the world and all that. They are spending so much that they really should be winning it every year. 6th is poor regardless of being in transition when you are spending what they are on players. Will they do better next year? Almost certainly but they really should be. It will be interesting to see if they can bridge the gap in 1 season because if they don't the fans disquiet at the style of play will increase I suspect.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
El Pres figures tell the story. £340m v £95m for Spurs to finish four places behind?

Yeah they won two cups and it's about the glory etc etc but that is a really poor effort. It's rather like the question of who had the better season us or the Geordies? They won it but they spent an awful lot of money for that one precious point...

Oh for the days when everything was roughly equal...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here