Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Man Utd v Liverpool

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It’s funny seeing Liverpool losing but not at the expense of Utd joy.

TBH 2-0 isn’t a funny score. The funny scores from here are 2-2, 2-3 or 5+ nil.

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
Not sure I understand the offside rule anymore :shrug:

Its simple really, if it's United and you can zoom out far enough for the line to seem level then it's onside

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Was sure that was offside TBH

There's definitely something odd going on at VAR this year. Several seemingly very clear offsides to the naked eye suddenly become onside with the benefit of the magic lines. Was absolutely certain that was offside.

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
Looking at the Liverpool bench, I reckon that our subs yesterday are a stronger group than that.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
There's definitely something odd going on at VAR this year. Several seemingly very clear offsides to the naked eye suddenly become onside with the benefit of the magic lines. Was absolutely certain that was offside.
Definitely looked offside, even on the freeze frame with the lines on the pitch, he looked off.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I know I am incredibly biased but we play better football than both of these cloggers :lolol:

I think you're being harsh. These two are in the bottom third of the table. You can't expect teams down there to play as well as a top 5 team like us.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Looking at the Liverpool bench, I actually think our bench on Sunday was a lot stronger than that.
But saying that I can see why Liverpool have been linked with Caceido. There midfield don't look that good anymore

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Looking at the Liverpool bench, I actually think our bench on Sunday was a lot stronger than that.
But saying that I can see why Liverpool have been linked with Caceido. There midfield don't look that good anymore

FFS don’t say that, half our team will be all over Romano and other knobheads Twitter feeds tomorrow as being on their way to Anfield.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
One good thing about VAR is I think it’s made refs more confident about booking players for diving. ASM against us last week, Fernandes just now, that has to be a good thing.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
[tweet]1561809657882152962[/tweet]

This is the premier league twitter feed, with the VAR image. I think the image posted above has the VAR line in it, but as what looks like a picture of a screen of the image, this is a little clearer.

I'm not sure the line is right against the defender's shoulder as it seems to be aiming for, but if you're taking it from the defenders shoulder, isn't it close enough that if it was disallowed it would be one of those "it's a toenail!" decisions that we want removed from the game? We've spent the last couple of seasons complaining about tight decisions not going in the attacker's favour, can we really complain when it does?

In a change of topic, Fernandes just got booked for diving. It feels like there have already been quite a few bookings for diving this season, but I've not seen any reports of refs clamping down on it. I'm not complaining, just noticing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here