Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Man Utd Eve

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Proper excited. Even at my age. If the prospect of watching our club playing Manchester United at home in the final game of a season where we are within touching distance of defying the odds and staying in the Prem,doesn't give you a buzz well, I'm not sure what you WOULD find exciting.

If you'd told me we'd be here twenty years ago, I'd have thought you were pissing down my back and telling me it's raining.

Can't wait!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
To be honest this is what all the goldstone,marches, abseiling lesbians, FA bollocks, swampy, gillingham, Withdean, atilla, FG, Storer69, NMH, bozza, nazi mods, London pompous, brexit loonies, remoaning looneys, REMF heros, Sarah , tony, Vern, all the other fans who are not here to see this night.

This is all about them....this is why! MAnchester United at home in the last home game of the season where we have acquitted ourselves with aplomb and this is the icing on the cake. The most famous club in the world playing in Brighton and we are expecting to match them and with a bit of luck we could beat them.

Who would have believed it when we were running out at canvey island at the arse end of Essex that in not that many years, we would have a fantastic stadium, a fantastic team, a fantastic manager and one that can compete at the very highest level of the English game.....

It is really something folks!
I was at 1, but this has moved me up to a 3.

I expect to be somewhat higher tomorrow.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Most excited about the likelihood of giving them a good match and even possibly winning to become mathematically safe. More excited about the possibility of upsetting one of the top 6 than the fact it's Man Utd.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
As it's the only Premier League game being played and it's against Man United I would imagine that it will be a record global audience for watching a Brighton game.

It's a decent weather forecast, I can spend the day having a couple of Harveys at the County Ground watching Sussex v Middlesex with friends, and then jump on a bus and go and see Mourinho get a footballing lesson from the 'experts' pre-season tip for relegation.

Marvellous!

Whilst I would usually wish them every success wouldn’t it be nice to give their estimated 400 million global fans a private tour of the pit of misery this evening??

Dilly Dilly!!!

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
11 I can't wait to see the great united it is days like this that humble fans such as us should look forward to. An honour to be in the same ground as these gladatorial gods.

Truly blessed.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
To be honest this is what all the goldstone,marches, abseiling lesbians, FA bollocks, swampy, gillingham, Withdean, atilla, FG, Storer69, NMH, bozza, nazi mods, London pompous, brexit loonies, remoaning looneys, REMF heros, Sarah , tony, Vern, all the other fans who are not here to see this night.

This is all about them....this is why! MAnchester United at home in the last home game of the season where we have acquitted ourselves with aplomb and this is the icing on the cake. The most famous club in the world playing in Brighton and we are expecting to match them and with a bit of luck we could beat them.

Who would have believed it when we were running out at canvey island at the arse end of Essex that in not that many years, we would have a fantastic stadium, a fantastic team, a fantastic manager and one that can compete at the very highest level of the English game.....

It is really something folks!

Great post Dave. Nearly 21 years to the day since Hereford and as has been pointed out we're now looking forward to our last three Premier League games which are against Manchester United, Manchester City and Liverpool. Who'd have thought it? Back then when oblivion beckoned we'd have been grateful just to be playing the likes of Macclesfield, Mansfield and Lincoln.

"And one day, when our new ground's built and we are storming back, a bunch of happy fans without a care ..."

Tweeting Seagull

Mar 27, 2018
Feel like a kid at Christmas, Being born in the 80s I grew up with United being the force of English football in the 90s. Today we are equals. Can’t wait!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
How excited are you on a scale of 1-10 at welcoming one of the biggest and greatest clubs in all of world football to the Amex for a league game?

Was just background levels of excitement but just saw a car full of Man U fans parking up at Falmer station then getting train into town and it got me VERY eager for the game tonight.

Current excitement level: 8.5

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here