Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Man Utd Defend Decision To Fly 100 Miles To Leicester For Premier League Game

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Does it matter Greta? Can't see anything wrong with that.

People continue to be outraged at stuff which is not really important in the scheme of things. If they want to fly 100 miles, then that's their decision. If you're one of those green types then save your outrage for Chinese coal-powered power stations.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Must have got to 500ft when allowed to use toilet. 10s later, assume landing positions, table up etc. No chance for any in flight imbibing.

When does the time to get from a to b including going to OT, coach to airport, awaiting plane, getting on plane, flying, arrival, onto to coach, get to Kling onto Power become an advantageous mode of transport? Must have been quicker by coach?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
And aviation accounts for just 3.5% of global emissions.

By all means debate the need for climate change but just starting a thread to "hate United even more" is pretty pathetic.

Banging on about how much you dislike it ain’t too impressive.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Do you own a mobile phone if so you're part of a bigger problem. I'm sure i read somewhere that mobile phones have overtaken aviation flight in what emissions they give off.

Owning a mobile phone doesn't make you culpable. It is a necessity forced on people by football clubs and other venues of all sorts that make it as difficut as possible - if not nigh on impossible - to get in unless you own a smart phone. If you are going to apportion blame, apportion it where the blame lies FFS!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Before we start lobbing too many rocks, it looked like our boys might have got a coach from the Holiday Inn pre kickoff……….so basically the length of the stand if so :whistle::lol:

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
Owning a mobile phone doesn't make you culpable. It is a necessity forced on people by football clubs and other venues of all sorts that make it as difficut as possible - if not nigh on impossible - to get in unless you own a smart phone. If you are going to apportion blame, apportion it where the blame lies FFS!

Erm i am not blaming anyone, just pointing out emissions from phones is more than aviation.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Erm i am not blaming anyone, just pointing out emissions from phones is more than aviation.

As a whole maybe but, mobile phones use electrickerey which may come from sustainable sources such as wind and solar but air travel will be from aviation kerosene which will definitely produce Co2 emissions = bad.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

You are not really though are you? You are just suggesting that you may have read it somewhere. No context, no proof and no explanation.

Maybe if you can post a link to what you are talking about it may become clearer.

And that is before we get to the idea that no-one can criticise anyone's wasteful impact on climate change because we all contribute to it. Did this make sense when you wrote it?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
As a whole maybe but, mobile phones use electrickerey which may come from sustainable sources such as wind and solar but air travel will be from aviation kerosene which will definitely produce Co2 emissions = bad.

Obviously, it is hard without the context of his claim but I can't help but wonder if the reason that planes are now producing less CO2 than mobile phones is because many of them have been on the ground for the last 2 year.

Using his logic though I probably can't ask this question because my computer has produced some CO2. If you can't get to 0 emissions then **** it, take the jet down the shops

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
this is the next head **** from the media ....global warming ...!! air travel will skyrocket (pun intended) whilst william shatner laments the state of the globe after viewing it from Bezos's flying dildo , you really couldn't make it up ......cull the global population and stop cutting down virgin forests immediately whilst implementing re planting regimes on a global scale , start investing in science that removes greenhouse gases from the air and replenishes the ozone layer .......nobody mentions the ozone layer any more.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
You are not really though are you? You are just suggesting that you may have read it somewhere. No context, no proof and no explanation.

Maybe if you can post a link to what you are talking about it may become clearer.

And that is before we get to the idea that no-one can criticise anyone's wasteful impact on climate change because we all contribute to it. Did this make sense when you wrote it?

emissions from airplanes accounts for less than 4% of total.

by FAR the biggest is the automobile , you know , the one that crawls along at 10km/ph day in day out for 5 to six rush hours in every major city on the planet.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
emissions from airplanes accounts for less than 4% of total.

by FAR the biggest is the automobile , you know , the one that crawls along at 10km/ph day in day out for 5 to six rush hours in every major city on the planet.

I am not sure this is relevant in this discussion. Surely the question here is the difference between the size of the emissions of a flight between Manchester and Leicester and a coach over the same distance (taking into account how long it is sitting in traffic of course).

Comparing all the cars with all the planes is moot surely, as is chucking in a comparison with mobile phone use.

Hopefully, someone at Man U can calculate the increased emissions and offset that some other way. (I would suggest they walk to the next Manchester Derby :lolol:)

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
this is the next head **** from the media ....global warming ...!! air travel will skyrocket (pun intended) whilst william shatner laments the state of the globe after viewing it from Bezos's flying dildo , you really couldn't make it up ......cull the global population and stop cutting down virgin forests immediately whilst implementing re planting regimes on a global scale , start investing in science that removes greenhouse gases from the air and replenishes the ozone layer .......nobody mentions the ozone layer any more.

Scientists told us what we needed to do about the ozone layer and things are turning around. It is expected to be back to pre-1980 levels by 2050.

Those scientists know what they are on about, we should listen to them!

https://environment.gov.au/protection/ozone/ozone-science/ozone-layer

Seems to have taken a while though doesn't it? I wonder why that is.

What do you mean by global warming being the next 'head ****'. Surely the media have been talking about this for years already?

Bezo's Flying Dildo is a brilliant name for a band, if no-one takes this I will be very disappointed :lolol::lolol:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
[MENTION=1313]BadFish[/MENTION] overpopulation end of .....everyone wants their gadgets and those who can afford it want to go on holiday , all this damage has been done in 200 yrs which is really a millionth of a blink of any eye in universal terms....man u flying to lester didn't help them and Bezos taking captain kirk into orbit helps absolutely no one , the clowns are now running the show , people like you and me need to be aware of this , we are definitely being run by idiots.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
For one of GraPott’s team building exercises the squad could construct a replica Viking ship with Guy Martin’s help and row to Southampton for the 4th December fixture.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here