Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man U

Domsdad

brother of Patch
Sep 24, 2003
Its grim up north
The Scum are killing the game.

Last night really p**ed me off as the arrogant b******s left out half their star players and still whupped the team who are 6th in the country. What's the point? - may as well give them the cup now. Romance - my arse.

This morning woke up to hear some smug git (Chief executive?) of the scum telling us he's "satisfied" with their £30 million operating profit and "satisfied" that the capacity of Old Trafford is about right at 76000 and that they've got the balance right between corporate hospitality and regular customers and he's happy that they're the number one "brand".

Stuff them and their prawn sandwich eating, ignorant, Old Trafford superstore customer, theatre of dreams crap museum visiting, mobile phone photoing, silent majority "fans".

May they rot in hell. Just someone stop them winning the treble, double or, preferably, anything this season.

I am not happy.

D

Deleted member 2719

Oh so very true but i would add a couple of other clubs too.

I know of Chelsea and Pompey fans pissed off with the money coming into the game to the point of supporting another club "cos it ain't what it used to be like" plastic and corporate fans everywhere.

I only hope we never get like these clubs.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It's not just United that have destoyed the game though, but they have benefitted most from the Prawn Sandwichisation of the game.

We know we are shite, but last Saturday at the Cheats gave me more enjoyment, with a few hours in pub before the game followed by a knees up for 90 minutes afterwards than ANY dreary guaranteed 2-0 victory seen at Old Trafford this season.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Domsdad said:
We won't ever get like these clubs. The fear is that they'll kill off the game so that we can't exist as we are either.

Suspect not, non-league football is flourishing in this country. Fans enjoy not having to pay £40 a match, £4 for a programme, parking at £10 etc and can look forward to promotion, relegation, seeing their mates before and after the match etc.

Look at the success of FC United, the TRUE team from Old Trafford.

Domsdad

brother of Patch
Sep 24, 2003
Its grim up north
You're right about FC United. Their success is based on Man U fans who want the best of both worlds. Pretend to be real football fans supporting a small team but still bask in the glory of being the biggest.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Domsdad said:
We won't ever get like these clubs. The fear is that they'll kill off the game so that we can't exist as we are either.

That I am afraid, is rubbish, given half the chance Brighton would do the same as utd, Chelsea etc.

Domsdad said:

I simply don't buy this 'Premier League has ruined football' threory. It's been around since 1992 and not one football club has gone out of business as a result.

There's ALWAYS been a heirachy in football, long before Sky got involved.

We'll never get like the likes of Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal etc because we've never BEEN like them.

Blackburn, Fulham, Wigan, even Chelsea to a degree, have had silly money thrown at them but will never part of the elite. They may have enjoyed a bit of success which has lead to higher profiles and bigger crowds, but, in the case of the first two have gone back to their modest attendances and I'm sure the same will happen with the others - Chelsea are NOT a big, big club and never will be.

Football is based on history and tribalism and that will long outlive/outweigh any amount of financial investment.

United have always been the biggest club in the country, even when they were crap, and always will be. Get over it.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Safeway said:
I simply don't buy this 'Premier League has ruined football' threory. It's been around since 1992 and not one football club has gone out of business as a result.

We'll never get like the likes of Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal etc because we've never BEEN like them.

Blackburn, Fulham, Wigan, even Chelsea to a degree, have had silly money thrown at them but will never part of the elite. They may have enjoyed a bit of success which has lead to higher profiles and bigger crowds, but, in the case of the first two have gone back to their modest attendances and I'm sure the same will happen with the others - Chelsea are NOT a big, big club and never will be.

Football is based on history and tribalism and that will long outlive/outweigh any amount of financial investment.

United have always been the biggest club in the country, even when they were crap, and always will be.

Well said

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
El Presidente said:

Look at the success of FC United, the TRUE team from Old Trafford.

I find FC United a bit hard to swallow.

They broke away after they were unhappy who had bought the club? Why did they get bought? Because they were a huge profit making PLC which enabled them to challenge Europes best and dominate English football, cleaning up with most of the trophies.

Domsdad

brother of Patch
Sep 24, 2003
Its grim up north
Man U aren't the only club run as a business, but who apart from Man U fans gives a toss about business?

Man U fans are the only fans I know of any club who were happy to tell me in our bleakest days of the early 90s that "football is just a business like any other" and "small teams like yours will go to the wall, thats business".

I guess thats why I hate them.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
There is no doubt that United are the biggest club in the country, as they have won the European Cup the same number of times as Forest.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Safeway said:

United have always been the biggest club in the country, even when they were crap, and always will be. Get over it.
The financial GULF between the top flight and the rest has never been as big, and it is getting bigger. Back in the 80s the likes of Luton could compete with the likes of Man United, Arsenal, Liverpool, the traditional big clubs. These days not even relatively big clubs like Spurs, Villa, Everton etc can get close. Look at the different amount of League Winners there have been in each decade.Go from the 60's to the 80's, you have between 5 and 8 winners in 10 years. Now look at the amount of clubs who have won the League since the start of the Premiership 15+ years ago. That is a decade and a half, Man United and Arsenal have dominated. Blackburn won it once - as a result of Walker's millions, Chelsea twice - As a result of Abramovich's millions.

Four clubs in 15 years and two of which have won it no more than twice. The other 12 or so seasons - So in total, just over a decade - have been between two clubs. Even the FA Cup, traditionally a leveller, is now dominated by the Premiership's top 4.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Safeway said:
I simply don't buy this 'Premier League has ruined football' threory

Spot on!:clap:

I like Man U but would always put the Albion first, if say Norman Cook chose to throw 50 million our way to build Falmer would the Albion Fanbase en-masse say "no thankyou we want to stay a small club in debt club playing at a shit athletics stadium"........I don't think so. Man united have always (well since Munich) been a well supported club and like it or not have become rich mainly through vastly superior gate receipts. Long before their super- efficient marketing machine kicked in they were the best supported club in the old SECOND division and hold the record for a gate of over 60,000 for the English second division. and as for the argument that they buy their success............Alex Fergusson has just announced that Spurs are the main contenders in the race to sign Garreth Bale as they have offered more than Man u are prepared to pay!!
Scoles.....Giggs....Neville...........still play and are products of their youth academy...............................just as we would hope to bring youth players in!!
I agree money is getting to a point where only a few can afford the best players but United are only trying to compete with the best in Europe............they should not be panned just because they are good at it................that is just jelousy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here