Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Man U Initiative to create atmosphere

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
It's like when one of the astronauts fart on the international space station---they are always trying to create a better atmosphere.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Wasn't the best away noise last season at Huddersfield followed by Man U (Cup) because the two sets of fans are nearby?
That said, the Amex is different as a large portion of the ground are ST holders and will get behind the team. It is possible that 22,000 fans at OT are loyal singing supporters but the other 38,000 are tourists.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Bollocks! I would imagine most Albion wouldn’t give a stuff about Man Utd or Chelsea or Liverpool. The vast majority of us resent one team, and one team only, C****** P*****, and likewise vice versa. Yes, most fans would laugh at any demise of a top team and that’s mostly down to envy.
Not for me I hate about 85 clubs and tolerate the other 6, United symbolise everything bad with modern football.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Bollocks! I would imagine most Albion wouldn’t give a stuff about Man Utd or Chelsea or Liverpool. The vast majority of us resent one team, and one team only, C****** P*****, and likewise vice versa. Yes, most fans would laugh at any demise of a top team and that’s mostly down to envy.

Absolutely not. I am scornful of Palace, but I loathe ManU - because of the cup final.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Load of shit you are spouting.

Absolutely despise them and everything they represent and it's got nothing to do with envy. If the albion had ever taken their path I would have abandoned football.

In addition, my old man instilled into me a deep loathing of them and a certain Whiteside.

Exactly.

I am clearly of you old man's generation.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
My utter detestation of Manchester United knows no bounds but I have an even deeper loathing of their "fans" from outside Manchester. To put it another way I have met ManU fans from Manchester and they are ok; All the ManU fans I know from Sussex are complete and utter ********s.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
My utter detestation of Manchester United knows no bounds but I have an even deeper loathing of their "fans" from outside Manchester. To put it another way I have met ManU fans from Manchester and they are ok; All the ManU fans I know from Sussex are complete and utter ********s.

I find it's the same with most Liverpool fans.

When we played them I was talking about the match with some of their fans, the ones with a scouse accent were very knowledgeable and gracious even though they'd just hammered us. The only one being a gobby obnoxious **** was from Reading :facepalm:

el punal

Load of shit you are spouting.

Absolutely despise them and everything they represent and it's got nothing to do with envy. If the albion had ever taken their path I would have abandoned football.

In addition, my old man instilled into me a deep loathing of them and a certain Whiteside.

Easy tiger! I, too, was at the cup final and saw the challenge that Norman Whiteside did on Chris Ramsey. Yes, it probably did have a major impact on us not winning that day. What I find strange is that 85% of Albion fans hate Man Utd according to that survey. That is a huge number, and also begs the question what about Brighton fans’ attitude to other clubs - the likes of Leeds, Millwall or Chelsea (we’ll leave out Crystal Palace for obvious reasons) for example. God help us if the figure is roughly the same, and it could well be, as that would make us the most bitter and resentful fans in the country - which clearly is not the case.

I think where the shit is being spouted (as you so succinctly put it) is the survey itself and the dubious manner in which it elicited it’s information.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
About 50 max of them singing when we went up there

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
It’s surprising because Man Us away support is amongst the best, possibly the b st, in the country.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Easy tiger! I, too, was at the cup final and saw the challenge that Norman Whiteside did on Chris Ramsey. Yes, it probably did have a major impact on us not winning that day. What I find strange is that 85% of Albion fans hate Man Utd according to that survey. That is a huge number, and also begs the question what about Brighton fans’ attitude to other clubs - the likes of Leeds, Millwall or Chelsea (we’ll leave out Crystal Palace for obvious reasons) for example. God help us if the figure is roughly the same, and it could well be, as that would make us the most bitter and resentful fans in the country - which clearly is not the case.

I think where the shit is being spouted (as you so succinctly put it) is the survey itself and the dubious manner in which it elicited it’s information.

The article is in the Manchester papers so is looking ar it from the Manchester clubs perspective. The stats may well show we have palace more and I suspect it will.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

It's just a survey with a small sample size. I don't think that 85% albion fans hate them just the same as you don't, but I think many do.

I took exception to you saying that most don't give a stuff about them which is also wrong, at least in my circles.

el punal

It's just a survey with a small sample size. I don't think that 85% albion fans hate them just the same as you don't, but I think many do.

I took exception to you saying that most don't give a stuff about them which is also wrong, at least in my circles.

Okay. Let’s agree that we’re not fans of Man Utd (understatement!) but your dislike is far greater than mine. The second thing is, and I hope you also agree, is that the last home game of last season when we beat MU 1-0 was one of THE nights to celebrate an Albion win.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Okay. Let’s agree that we’re not fans of Man Utd (understatement!) but your dislike is far greater than mine. The second thing is, and I hope you also agree, is that the last home game of last season when we beat MU 1-0 was one of THE nights to celebrate an Albion win.

It'll be a nice one to open on too :thumbsup:

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Unlike you I can't speak for everyone else but I hate Manchester United, second only to palace. Every since Whiteside's assault on Ramsey. Add in they were one of the clubs that sought to change the distribution of home gate receipts and will constantly be trying to get bigger shares of tv income to the detriment of the competition. I hate them and hope they sink, just on the coat tails palace.

Yep. First Palace, then Utd, then everybody else a long way behind. I suspect those numbers are broadly reflected across the support.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Club prices out hard core passionate fans. Club is instead filled with tourists who don't care about paying one off ridiculous prices. Club then wonders why atmosphere is in decline and consults fans on how it can be improved.

Couldn't make it up

Haha, think you just did,
As a regular visitor to OT, (family etc) it's way cheaper to watch there than it is at the amex

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I worked with a Sussex ManU plastic for many years (not once did he go to a ManU game away from the Goldstone/Wembley83). Kept banging on about how he’d been a fan since the George Best days. Albion were his second club.

Ironically, he told me that at the 83 cup final and replay, he and his wife were covered in gob from ManU fans for no reason.

Because it was ManU, he was forgiving. I thought it another reason to hate the scummy club. Although an era of football violence, Brighton were not a threat or rival of ManUre.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here