Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man U 0 Sunderland 1

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm pleased for him. I look back without an ounce of ire in his direction and instead wish him the best as i do other former standout one-of-us-es, and the majority of my fairly few real-life former loves. No point me pounding the past with hatred.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I was rather hoping for a Gus free day.

Are his achievements at Sunderland remarkable? Possibly. They may well have been underperforming before that and, unlike Di Canio, he felt best to massage a few egos.

Am I grateful as to what he did for the club? Yes.

Would I boo him if we crossed swords again? Probably. He hasn't exactly endeared himself to the club since his departure. I reckon he thinks he is the best thing to happen to our club. He's not.

That said, I am delighted for him as I once loved him and it's not easy to get over a love.

I felt delighted for him today, and very thankful too as he is the one that put the team together and developed the style of play that has got us to the championship play-offs two years in a row

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Do we not get some serious CASH as part of the Bridcutt deal if they stay up?
If so i hope they stay up with bells on please.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
If you had have said last November when both Palace and Sunderland were adrift on 7 points each they would both stay up you'd have been carted off to the funny farm

Wonder what the odds would've been?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here