Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Man tries to blow up plane. Fails.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
So you're on a plane, somebody tries to blow it up, then the aircraft ends up with a huge hole in the fuselage.

And then you're told you've got to land in Mogadishu, of all places.

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse...

Ahhh but they did take off from Mogadishu just a few minutes earlier, so I guess they were already used to it!

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Huge tick in the box for aircraft safety.
To sustain a significant breach of the pressurised fuselage and remain flight-viable.

On the down-side, big oops for airport security to allow the device through security.
Which airport was it again? Ah, nuff said ....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I hate it when they say that. BLOWN out, you are blown out by the change in pressure suddenly trying to equalise.
What's wrong with sucked? Surely you're being blown from one side and sucked from the other (snigger). When you drink through a straw, is the liquid blown into your mouth or sucked (snigger)?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I hate it when they say that. BLOWN out, you are blown out by the change in pressure suddenly trying to equalise.

I don't understand your problem with the use of sucked out.

An object will generally move from a high pressure to a low pressure. The plane is high pressure inside, outside is low pressure. Either term is scientifically valid, they are two sides of the same coin.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't understand your problem with the use of sucked out..

Strictly speaking, given that he disappeared into the yonder, would it not be more accurate to say he was sucked OFF? Given that he was hoping for something *a bit special* in the afterlife, one can only marvel at what passed though his mind at the dreadful moment, with respect to his hitherto literal interpretation of the litergy, versus the laws of physics, as they asserted their supremacy :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here