Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man sanctioned by job centre after applying for 67 jobs in a fortnight

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I'd been using my own initiative before I even stepped foot into the job center. My point was that the center actually made my life a hundred times worse for just two short weeks.

Just because it's fine now it doesn't eradicate the absolute BS that I was subjected to at that point in time does it?

But then your previous post was all shades of ridiculous so I think there is no reaching you.

Absolutely pointless talking to people about the new rules under this government if they haven't been through the system. They still think you pop along to the job center once a fortnight simply to sign on a dotted line. It's not like the "Full Monty" film no more.
It's a total farce the process of getting benefits and the bullshit posters saying about Job center staff only doing their jobs about sums them up.Until they've had a taste of it then they haven't got a scooby what goes on now. JC staff are suppose to help you look for work but instead they make your life a total misery while trying to trip you up as you know. They are target driven as Looney says and they will pull out every trick in the book to try and get you sanctioned. They are the modern day gestapo and should be feared.

51% rise in food banks because of people being sanctioned http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-27032642

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Absolutely pointless talking to people about the new rules under this government if they haven't been through the system. They still think you pop along to the job center once a fortnight simply to sign on a dotted line. It's not like the "Full Monty" film no more.
It's a total farce the process of getting benefits and the bullshit posters saying about Job center staff only doing their jobs about sums them up.Until they've had a taste of it then they haven't got a scooby what goes on now. JC staff are suppose to help you look for work but instead they make your life a total misery while trying to trip you up as you know. They are target driven as Looney says and they will pull out every trick in the book to try and get you sanctioned. They are the modern day gestapo and should be feared.

51% rise in food banks because of people being sanctioned http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-27032642

40% of claimants have been sanctioned i remember reading, that reads to me they will get you on a technicality if they can. Think the OP has glued a target to his back.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Honestly this is absolutely pathetic.

He asked for it, he complained, he should know that he would get sanctioned.

I suppose the girls who dress provocatively deserve a raping?

He literally applied for 67 jobs in two weeks. We all know that fills the criteria, he should not have been sanctioned, end of. Stop excusing this piece of piss system.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
40% of claimants have been sanctioned i remember reading, that reads to me they will get you on a technicality if they can. Think the OP has glued a target to his back.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics...allowance-claimants-subject-benefit-sanctions

Advice from third parties (even people in the welfare business) is often (=always?) poor.

Sometimes it can't be helped though. Down to personality incompatibilities with the Job Centre "advisor". Work Programme can also recommend sanctions with a bad report (hearsay).

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
This October will see the introduction of pilot job search schemes, where unemployed benefit claimants will be required to carry out 35 hours of supervised job searches every week. From next month, claimants will be expected to sign an attendance register at a local Job Centre provider at nine in the morning and search for jobs until 5pm, for five days a week, for three months. If they fail to do so, they will face sanctions, with the first sanction resulting in the loss of one month’s worth of benefits, and the second sanction culminating in the withdrawal of three months’ money.

The scheme will start being rolled out in early October in East Anglia, West Yorkshire, Surrey and Sussex, Mercia and the Black Country, and will run until March next year.

http://www.newstatesman.com/politic...t-job-centres-35-hours-week-or-face-sanctions

It seems that the bullying technique may have started in Sussex.

Comment: The stress will work both ways. Morale will go down amongst the Job Centre staff, the decent ones.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Sampling Basis

New regulations:

Extract: 5.

4. The Secretary of State may select a claimant (“C”) for participation in the Scheme either—

(a)in accordance with regulation 5, where C has never been selected for participation in the Work Programme within the meaning of regulation 3(8) of the Jobseeker’s Allowance (Schemes for Assisting Persons to Obtain Employment) Regulations 2013(13); or

(b)in accordance with regulation 6, in all other cases.

Where the Secretary of State is satisfied that the claimant (“C”) is not taking sufficiently effective steps to secure employment (for example, because C is failing to secure job interviews), the Secretary of State may select C on a sampling basis, for participation in the Scheme if the conditions in regulation 6(2) to (4) are met.
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukdsi/2014/9780111115367

Sampling basis = foreigners ???

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here