Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man city sack two scouts

Nov 20, 2003
hove
Im involved in youth footie and get to speak to many diferent scouts and coaches around sussex ,one such guy has links with Man city he told me that they recently got rid of two scouts because they went back and reported that the two boys that they were looking at were to small , this is really a good thing as far to many boys are not given the chance to develop by clubs and are released to soon or are just not taken on because they may be small at 12 -14 . Good on Man City I say hope more clubs follow this route wonder how many talented boys are lost to the game at a young age.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Boys grow at different stages and shouldn't be rejected at 14. Buckley is a good example of this having grown again just recently.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Many young boys dreams have been shattered by our style of football and ethos. Thankfully it sounds like things are starting to change.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Im involved in youth footie and get to speak to many diferent scouts and coaches around sussex ,one such guy has links with Man city he told me that they recently got rid of two scouts because they went back and reported that the two boys that they were looking at were to small , this is really a good thing as far to many boys are not given the chance to develop by clubs and are released to soon or are just not taken on because they may be small at 12 -14 . Good on Man City I say hope more clubs follow this route wonder how many talented boys are lost to the game at a young age.

They won't be 'lost to the game' tho will they, just not signed by Man City, there are 91 others who can take a view

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would be very suprised if it is true that the ONLY reason they were sacked was because they said the two boys were too small. I would think that it is more to do with their general evaluation of young players.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I was a multi-millionaire (or preferably billionaire) I think I'd try and fix grass roots football, from the standard of youth coaching to the quality of sunday league pitches. Oh, and maybe chuck a few dozen millions into Brighton's transfer/wage budgets

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
If I were talented, I would have been rejected at that sort of age. I grew to just under 6 foot when I hit 17, and then I grew an inch between then and 23, I'm 6'1 now, aged 24. It's nature, if they reject people on height basis I would be kicking off for racism. Why not.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
I did some work for Forest, about 20 years back. They rejected one lad, based on ability and the fact his dad was only about 5'6. Found out a few years later that it was his stepdad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here