Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Man City next weekend - how should we set up?

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I’d like to say we competed...whatever that means against City.

Same plan as usual, but wingbacks aren’t to bomb on. Hope our front three can fashion a chance from somewhere.

Or perhaps instead of a front three, play central with Gross playing behind two up top?

If you are you doing that switch Bernardo for March?

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Webster for Burn, the galloping giraffe is a bit too cavalier for citeh
AJ for Andone to rankle Walker into a red card
Mooy for Maupay

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Exactly.

In fact, if memory serves me correctly, Swansea could have won that game, but for a few dodgy decisions going against them.
Luckily we now have VAR. Let's see if it will actually work in our favour against the cheating Mancunians

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
I think that if we play in the entertaining style of the last few games we will concede at least 5.

We managed to do that against them under CH at the end of last season too though.

So how do you see us setting up for this one?

Tough call imo and going to be fascinating to see how Potter decides to play. The team will not have forgotten how to defend with everyone behind the ball and personally I think it’s the best way to play but try to break at pace when the opportunity comes. Probably get hit on the counter attack when it breaks down though.

No place for Murray imo although his defensive attributes are well known. Maupay as a lone striker who will need plenty of support when he does get the ball? Not sure this is the game for AJ or Locadia personally.

Look forward to the comments from the tactical NSC genius’ and there are a few of you :smile:
Ten defenders plus GP

I’d start Murray upfront as having someone to hold up the ball will ease the pressure on the rest of the team.

Fair play to best combination of username/post today on here

Webster for Burn, the galloping giraffe is a bit too cavalier for citeh
AJ for Andone to rankle Walker into a red card
Mooy for Maupay

Deffo agree with the first two. AJ’s only real use is someone who can get some shots away so try it.

I’d keep Maupay tho as think he needs to play games to get him gelling better

Soaking up endless pressure from that lot is inevitable defeat so we need a plan to score at least 2 to rattle them

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
At no time shall a team be without a goalkeeper. The goalkeeper can switch positions with another field player at anytime, as long as the referee is informed and there is a stoppage in play. Play is considered stopped, at least momentarily, when the ball crosses a touchline or goalline or when the referee stops play.

So with that in mind lets play multi goalie keep swapping Cith won't know what to do they will put three players on our keeper for corners only he's not the keeper

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This could be a good game to play my triple captain (Sterling) on Fantasy Football, might as well ramp up some points to offset the disappointment of defeat :wink: ,

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
———-——— Ryan ——————
—-——Duffy—-Dunk——Burn——
Montoya—————————Bernardo
——Propper—Stephens—Mooy——-
——————Trossard——————-
——————Maupay——————-

I feel that Bernardo’s defensive strengths warrant him being selected ahead of Solly for this one. Mooy gives a more competitive midfield option than Gross (i.e. he can tackle and be creative) and use the pace of a Trossard and Maupay for counter attacks.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
f4RtRq.gif

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports