Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Man City goals

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Mistakes get highlighted more when the opposition are that clinical. We probably made more mistakes at Norwich…

Don’t think it was a foul on Sanchez but lots of refs protect keepers being challenged and would have given it - also they rely on VAR a lot - wonder what Mr Friend would have done if it was Maupay on Ederson………

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Some people need to acknowledge Man City are quite good, yes we made errors but a team that good forces teams to make mistakes and the punishes those mistakes efficiently.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Mistakes get highlighted more when the opposition are that clinical. We probably made more mistakes at Norwich…

Don’t think it was a foul on Sanchez but lots of refs protect keepers being challenged and would have given it - also they rely on VAR a lot - wonder what Mr Friend would have done if it was Maupay on Ederson………

It would have been chalked off and we all know it.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Some people need to acknowledge Man City are quite good, yes we made errors but a team that good forces teams to make mistakes and the punishes those mistakes efficiently.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

It is what they do and how they win.
It's not just an aspect of their game, It is their game and they are the best at it.
Our players weren't making mistakes as such, they were being forced into positions where any error would be costly.

The mistakes against Norwich were far more of a concern than the errors last night.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
A young goalkeeper making errors whilst his side are under pressure and struggling to keep hold of the ball. I'm confident it will be addressed by Roberts and the team

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Last season Sanchez was too good to be true, magnificent. So far this season he has not been as good as we would want him to be. He will either improve or we will give another keeper a chance. It is the way of football. At least though we are not going to have other clubs clamouring for him to sign for them !!

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Without wishing to be a contrarian, there’s **** all chance that Maty Ryan would have stopped that near post rocket in the opening minutes of tonight’s game. Swings and roundabouts, either way, Sanchez is still a colossal upgrade over Ryan.

I totally agree. He should have punched the first one; although there is a case to be made that the Citee player backed into him with no intention of playing the ball. Thought the third could have been a tad offside too, but then again maybe we were offside the run up to the pen. Lots of positives to take but we need Biss back in the midfield to stop the fast breaks. He would have stopped two of the goal's build ups occurring.

TNBA

TTF

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
As soon as a City player got the ball back, all players seem to come alight and get in a position to receive the ball. Does help first touch always great and no poor passes

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
We made some poor mistakes and were punished. The fourth goal was comedy gold. We desperately need Biss in midfield. Let's move on to the next match and stop all the nonsense about dropping Sanchez. Garry Sprake, Peter Bonetti and David James all had decent careers despite the odd howler. Big Bob could be better than all of them.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Last season Sanchez was too good to be true, magnificent. So far this season he has not been as good as we would want him to be. He will either improve or we will give another keeper a chance. It is the way of football. At least though we are not going to have other clubs clamouring for him to sign for them !!

He’s third in the division on save %, and easily top on crosses claimed.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West

Even the best make mistakes. Last season there were a few (that flap against Leicester comes to mind). But I'm not sure I'd be too critical this season. His distribution is amazing, and he made several really excellent saves yesterday. The best thing for me is that he is SO calm....there was that moment when he just cushion-volleyed a long ball over the head of a City player, straight to (I think) Dunk. He's not at the level of Ederson or Allison yet, but those are two keepers that he reminds me of.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
A keeper who dominates the area will occasionally drop a ball. Ryan never dominated and we conceded far more from close range due to this. Many say he was great for 18 months, he wasn't. He done just what was expected of a premiership keeper. Big Bob is a huge improvement as he cuts out so many more dangerous crosses.

As far as City are concerned they will punish an error. However our frontline players, especially March could do with studying the movement of City's front line. This has nothing to do with ability but appreciation of how to pull defenders around. Welbeck does it and that's why we are suffering currently. Standing static next to your defender makes it far too easy. City are on the move constantly. Certainly something ours can easily adopt if willing. In fact March proved this when he was moved in the second half, he was much more mobile.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Even the best make mistakes. Last season there were a few (that flap against Leicester comes to mind). But I'm not sure I'd be too critical this season. His distribution is amazing, and he made several really excellent saves yesterday. The best thing for me is that he is SO calm....there was that moment when he just cushion-volleyed a long ball over the head of a City player, straight to (I think) Dunk. He's not at the level of Ederson or Allison yet, but those are two keepers that he reminds me of.

Yes he definitely has an aura and confidence about him and he did help keep the score down. So on to Liverpool next week when he can expect to be kept busy.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm not anti-Sanchez, but a number of his long kicks upfield were poor yesterday.

No two ways about it, much of the dicking around at the back in the first half was playing Russian Roulette. Slighest up-furk and Foden was right in there ready to POUNCE. He sniffed a goal from those. And Sanchez clearly needs to focus a bit more on his distribution. Pinging a low ball out straight to the opposition, even with defence under the cosh, is rarely the optimum option

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I'm not anti-Sanchez, but a number of his long kicks upfield were poor yesterday.

Yes 2 to their keeper and 2 out of touch. Just seen on highlights on the goal where Sanchez made a mistake we had possession in their half a minute before.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
The way I see them ....

First one. Yes, Robbie should have claimed that and i'm sure he knows it. Great he has the confidence to catch rather than punch. It cost us here, but it relieves the pressure and gets us up the pitch 99% of the time. A mistake or two at that age is inevitable.

Second one. I'm not blaming Cuccerella for this. Yes he gave it away but that was attempting a pass into the heart of their box. A lot has to happen before that goes in at the other end. Bernardo Silva. is f'ing quality .... the delay on that pass is outstanding. Not every goal conceded needs someone to blame.

Third one. No fault on the goalie. It takes a nick off Foden so is near unsaveable. Dunky gives it away, but again a lot has to happen before that goes in and the quality in attack makes the goal. The footwork from Jesus is terrific

Fourth one. Loose pass from Moder and way too much space for Mahrez. I think we're physically gone by then after a monumental effort to get back in the game.

No disaster in that scoreline or performance. There are other sets of fans with way more to worry about than us. Now to keep Liverpool quiet next week!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here