Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "Man City, Bayern Munich, Brighton, Real Madrid..."

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I don’t think a lot of the responses understand the question. Man City could only be considered to be well run if you really believe that their marketing team is great at securing hugely lucrative sponsorship deals.
Easy mistake to make, well run, well oiled….

BrianSwan

Apr 15, 2012
Got to add Dortmund and Ajax in there too.. Hell even Benfica.

Brighton are definitely the envy of all of the UK right now. The English Dortmund.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Got to add Dortmund and Ajax in there too.. Hell even Benfica.

Brighton are definitely the envy of all of the UK right now. The English Dortmund.
Ajax can be discounted now as they've completely imploded and don't seem to have a clue what they're doing all of a sudden

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
I feel like a lot of this has emerged from this season. Beforehand a lot of success of the club was attributed to the manager (GPott in particular as a decent English manager gets a lot of hype), but now there isnt any excuse any more. Mitoma, Estupinan, Mac Allister and Caicedo turned A LOT of heads at the World Cup and the footballing world is quickly waking up to the what our club is all about. A wonderful and crazy time indeed.

If there is one thing I’m concerned about, I don’t think we’re under the radar any more…

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I don’t think a lot of the responses understand the question. Man City could only be considered to be well run if you really believe that their marketing team is great at securing hugely lucrative sponsorship deals.
Nah... that club is (unfortunately perhaps) run in a great way. They're somewhere around 10th in net spend in the PL in the last five years, got a good academy, seems to have very little internal struggle, doesn't overpay for players (like we saw with Cucurella) and win a shiteload of titles (although they've not been as good this season).

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I feel like a lot of this has emerged from this season. Beforehand a lot of success of the club was attributed to the manager (GPott in particular as a decent English manager gets a lot of hype), but now there isnt any excuse any more. Mitoma, Estupinan, Mac Allister and Caicedo turned A LOT of heads at the World Cup and the footballing world is quickly waking up to the what our club is all about. A wonderful and crazy time indeed.

If there is one thing I’m concerned about, I don’t think we’re under the radar any more…
You're right, we are becoming a team to beat. We're being used as a benchmark for all the others to follow. In that sense it brings its own pressure as teams will double down in their attempts to beat us.

We all enjoyed the moments under Poyet where we were so dominant and the expectations that went with it. We're now getting the same buzz where we are streets ahead of many and can also compete with the big clubs.

The only caveat is we need to achieve something soon to cap it off, a cup final or Europe. We're at that point that to keep our best players we need to progress further, finishing top half in the league will not satisfy ambitious young players for long.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Nah... that club is (unfortunately perhaps) run in a great way. They're somewhere around 10th in net spend in the PL in the last five years, got a good academy, seems to have very little internal struggle, doesn't overpay for players (like we saw with Cucurella) and win a shiteload of titles (although they've not been as good this season).
Net transfer spend is only one factor; their main expense is a wage bill of £350m. Without their tremendous sponsorship deals they'd be deep in the FFP poo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here