Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Man City accused of breaking EPL financial rules

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
There is something a little sad, tainted almost, about our wonderful success of late being during a time football (especially in this country) is so utterly inthrall to corruption and driven by such unsavouries. Ban the lot of them.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Three Stooges Face Palm GIF

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
There is no appeal process. The three person independent judicial panel will hear and decide the case, impose punishments.

Abu Dhabi can then take it to UK courts if they wish. I can see this, to drag it out.
The courts sided with the PL when it came to Man City being forced to hand over documents.

Because innocent clubs try and block it

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Its a complete farce if they get away with it again
I wonder, what with some of the stories emerging already, whether the PL will be almost forced to take strong action because of the outcry in the media and from fans etc.

Probably wishful thinking... of course they won't.

Bloody football - so broken and corrupt ffs

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
There is something a little sad, tainted almost, about our wonderful success of late being during a time football (especially in this country) is so utterly inthrall to corruption and driven by such unsavouries. Ban the lot of them.
Definitely, although something positive in that too in that us and fellow lesser club Brentford are currently up there showing up the big spending clubs - showing them how it can/should be done

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I wonder, what with some of the stories emerging already, whether the PL will be almost forced to take strong action because of the outcry in the media and from fans etc.

Probably wishful thinking... of course they won't.

Bloody football - so broken and corrupt ffs
I was trying to think back to what they did with Portsmouth when the shit really hit the fan

From memory they just washed their hands with them and relegated them with the points deduction and let it become the FL problem.

I can see them doing the same here

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I’m sure they’ll be fine, the FA doesn’t ever punish the rich clubs. ‘Cause they’re scared of upsetting them.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I was trying to think back to what they did with Portsmouth when the shit really hit the fan

From memory they just washed their hands with them and relegated them with the points deduction and let it become the FL problem.

I can see them doing the same here
Would absolutely love to see it.

Man City are far more powerful than Portsmouth, though...

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
f***ing cheats, should be relegated, and kicked out of Europe.

If those things dont happen, all the other prem teams should refuse to put a team out against them. You wouldn't play against a team who were all knowingly on performance enhancing drugs, why should anyone be expected to play against a team assembled by any other means of cheating?

3 point deduction suspended for a year it will be then

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Would absolutely love to see it.

Man City are far more powerful than Portsmouth, though...
I've seen this a lot today about city being an money maker and powerful in the PL

Are they?

Half empty ground
World wide fan base (whilst growing) seems to be miles below the top 3 plus Leeds, Spurs, Newcastle among others.
Causing problems with rule breaking every few years
Damaging the PL brand.

I'm not so sure

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
BBC article nails it. Has taken an age to get this far. Will take just as long, and be very expensive, to conclude and affect change.

Basically tune back in around 2030 to see how things progressing. Or even if.

Meantime we’ve got a cup to win and European qualification on the cards!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I've seen this a lot today about city being an money maker and powerful in the PL

Are they?

Half empty ground
World wide fan base (whilst growing) seems to be miles below the top 3 plus Leeds, Spurs, Newcastle among others.
Damaging the PL brand.

I'm not so sure
In these discussions, some people like to conflate all Top 6 with corrupt clubs. Wishing ill on them all due to their criminally corrupt practices and financial cheating.

I don’t. To my knowledge your club, Liverpool and Arsenal (yet) haven’t broken UEFA and EPL FFP laws. Far from it in fact …. much to their fans anger when it comes to player spending :lolol:. Hence the lower trophies count, cheating pays.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
In these discussions, some people like to conflate all Top 6 with corrupt clubs. Wishing ill on them all due to their criminally corrupt practices and financial cheating.

I don’t. To my knowledge your club, Liverpool and Arsenal (yet) haven’t broken UEFA and EPL FFP laws. Far from it in fact …. much to their fans anger when it comes to player spending :lolol:. Hence the lower trophies count, cheating pays.
This is why it's important.

Those 3 clubs and others (Brighton included) have tried to do things the right way, improve the ground, build fan base etc etc to increase income.

If city get away with it, all bets are off.

Get me a bloody regime to take over, North Korea will do.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
BBC article nails it. Has taken an age to get this far. Will take just as long, and be very expensive, to conclude and affect change.

Basically tune back in around 2030 to see how things progressing. Or even if.

Meantime we’ve got a cup to win and European qualification on the cards!
Call me naive. I feel this will be rapid.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel

Are they?

Half empty ground
Damaging the PL brand.

I'm not so sure

The real power is in the wider investments that the Emiratis give to the UK. That being said, plenty of gulf states in the league now, what with Qatar interested in buying Liverpool and the Saudis involved with Newcastle…its an interesting coincidence that, despite this investigation taking years, the story has emerged at a point when gulf states seem more involved in football than ever before.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Basically time back in around 2030 to see how things progressing. Or even if.

Meantime we’ve got a cup to win and European qualification on the cards.
Call me naive. I feel this will be rapid.
Can’t see it. Big money and legal contests will probably mean most of us on here will be in care homes before outcome reached. And I’ve only just turned 21… :lolol: :wink:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This is why it's important.

Those 3 clubs and others (Brighton included) have tried to do things the right way, improve the ground, build fan base etc etc to increase income.

If city get away with it, all bets are off.

Get me a bloody regime to take over, North Korea will do.
I like today because it drives home to a far wider football audience about the cheating football clubs, who’ve deprived honest clubs of trophies and knocked others down league positions.

Normally anyone talking Mansour, Abramovich or PSG on here, would barely get a response.

The masses are sucked into a razzamatazz EPL narrative in the media, including BBC/Sky who want to keep their contracts, of a wondrous perfect product. Only the brilliance in their roles of Mansour, Abram, Maurinho, Pep and Aguero securing the prizes. Which is a lie.

The Telegraph have a good point tonight that this will cause currently cheating clubs to be concerned about their actions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here