Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Man City accused of breaking EPL financial rules

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Hasn't there been about a 6-year investigation into their alleged breaching of FFP regulations? Are you telling me that they've finally been accused of something we all know has been happening for years?

I look forward to the investigation into Chelsea being concluded in 2029

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
A big points deduction seems to be the only fair thing the EPL can do at this point?
Absolutely. That and a huge fine, a transfer embargo and a ban on European competitions. These bans will last until Man City's lawyers get them overturned - which will be about a week after they're implemented. And they'll get the fine repaid. And the points re-instated. With a bonus in both cases to make up for the fact that City's good name has been besmirched.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Going to be wild watching the authorities do absolutely nothing about it

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Got very dodgy sponsor deals going on to boost their income which isn't even part of the investigation.

20230206_104750.jpg

20230206_104754.jpg

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Hopefully they push back any points deductions to next season.

I know far too many unbearable Arsenal fans to have them win the PL this year.
Winning a tainted title because Man City got punished, thus diminishing their achievement

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'd love to think that something, just something, may happen this time. But why are we getting excited because we all know that they will end up fighting it all the way to the point that in the end a huge fine equivelant to one months wages to a player will be made, suspended for 5 years.
Close thread, end of story.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Surely we want any points deducted this season. That opens up another top 4 spot. I can’t see us getting many more chances to finish about city, Chelsea and Liverpool! Arsenal are surely already top 4. That would leave three more to be fought out between United, Saudi, spurs, us and Chelsea/Liverpool.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here