Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Man City 115 FFP/PSR charges explained

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
For those interested(and have time), pretty extensive summary and report on the Citeh charges and what's happening.

In summary following an investigation by the Premier League, Man City has been charged with 115 counts of breaching Premier League rules:
- 54 counts of failing to provide accurate financial information
- 14 failures to provide accurate details for player and manager payments
- 5 failures to comply with Uefa rules including FFP
- 7 breaches of Premier League PSR rules
- 35 failures to co-operate with Premier League investigations

Summary:

More info:

And full analysis of the charges (1 hour reading):

dippy2449

May 24, 2004
Norfolk
One thing accusing quite another actually proving in a "my Legal team is bigger than yours" situation

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
One thing accusing quite another actually proving in a "my Legal team is bigger than yours" situation

Especially when UEFA are not able to get the evidence but have to rely on City's 'cooperation' to send the evidence to UEFA against themselves.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
..... sadly with every episode I'm more likely to give my money to my local non-league club than Brighton*, supported them in the late 60's and have had a season ticket since 99/00 at Withdean; but fear this may be my last season, I just can't justify supporting a multi billion pound industry that does very little for the grass roots that hold it together at development level.

*Or rather any Premier League Club, it's rotten to the core

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
At the end of the day, it may well be a long winded procedure to prove whether the financial fair play rules have been broken (although it doesn’t seem to be for other clubs 🤔) .. but I imagine it must be an absolute slam dunk for any legal team to prove all the failing to comply with the investigation charges…. So why on earth haven’t those charges been tried separately and - if proven -sanctions enforced?

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
They're just doing what they need to do to "keep their best talent!!!". Same thing people want us to do: spend money we can't spend.
Manchester City are going to be fine. Its not really a football club and they won't be treated as one either.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
wouldn’t happen in Scotland
Was pretty fantastic when it happened in Scotland actually. Rangers were dumped on their arses in the lowest division in Scotland. Due to their massive fanbase they gifted every single club in the lower divisions a massive windfall on the gate on their way back up through the leagues. Most of those clubs exist on a wing and a hopeful prayer of drawing Rangers (or Celtic) at home in a Cup game

Last edited:

Right Back

Marseille was magic
NSC Patron
Sep 21, 2017
Brighton
Having read all the detail and seen some of the 5,000 leaked emails I have no doubt that Man City will be found guilty. I also have no doubt that due to the seriousness of what they have done the smallest punishment they will get will be one relegation. There is no doubt as the emails are very clear in how they were hiding investment and making out it was sponsorship.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Having read all the detail and seen some of the 5,000 leaked emails I have no doubt that Man City will be found guilty. I also have no doubt that due to the seriousness of what they have done the smallest punishment they will get will be one relegation. There is no doubt as the emails are very clear in how they were hiding investment and making out it was sponsorship.
One season in the Championship isn’t really an onerous punishment though, is it ? It’s more suffering an inconvenience in order to draw a line under it.
If they are found guilty (assuming anything ever happens) then expulsion from the league is more suitable; make them start in the North West Counties League and let them work their way back up

Right Back

Marseille was magic
NSC Patron
Sep 21, 2017
Brighton
One season in the Championship isn’t really an onerous punishment though, is it ? It’s more suffering an inconvenience in order to draw a line under it.
If they are found guilty (assuming anything ever happens) then expulsion from the league is more suitable; make them start in the North West Counties League and let them work their way back up
Totally agree. It should also be that the owners are forced to sell as they have shown they cannot run a club. Will the Premier league have the balls to do that?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Where?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
should be relegation to L2 at start the season on -1 point ie they start from 92nd and last in the league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here