Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Malta v England

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
But he wasn't regularly starting in that run. He's not had a good season and yet he starts once again. He's been a good player for England, same as Maguire actually has. I was just reiterating that Southgate's claim when he started that he would not have favourites that he'd select regardless is a load of old crap.
He started the majority of their run in

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Townsend informing us all how great Alexander-Arnold's passing is from midfield as he twats one uselessly to the Maltese keeper for the third time.
Oops ! Know how you feel Edna, did a similar thing with Moeen Ali in the Test earlier ! ;)

NorfolkGull

Oct 2, 2021
It doesn't really matter if he isn't. He is comfortably good enough for this game.

Not that I can be arsed to watch.
I'm not watching it either. Was just replying to the guy moaning about him playing. And I think there's only 1 Palace player too so he's wrong twice 🤣

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
What time do Jonathan Wilkes and Paddy McGuinness come on?

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
2 mid table palace players and terribly out of form Man U sub Slabhead.

Southgate just can't help himself can he.

Saw the team sheet and thought Southgate is a joke. He's got a rested Dunk available against Malta and he's not even on the bench! Why call him up?

The City players have played ridiculous amount of games and been on the piss for the last week and they're playing or on the bench smh

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
C4’s team is Andross Townsend with Steve Bower, dull as dishwater, the country will sleep well tonight.

Plus the narrative is constantly sycophantic to Southgate and heaps of praise for Mansour’s sportswashers.
It’s truely awful with that dull din of the band in the background.

Townsend saying players who aren’t fully prepared or in peak condition won’t be anywhere near the squad. Eh??

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
That's enough for me. I feel like I've been sentenced to watch the match. I think an evening walk would be far more fruitful.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
But he wasn't regularly starting in that run. He's not had a good season and yet he starts once again. He's been a good player for England, same as Maguire actually has. I was just reiterating that Southgate's claim when he started that he would not have favourites that he'd select regardless is a load of old crap.
To be fair he has since said he’s now learnt that this was naive and unrealistic. So it isn’t a lie at all, he’s using experience that he’s learnt on the job. I never understand why people have such a problem with people changing their minds in this country. People who can’t change their minds and adapt don’t go very far. Or at least they shouldn’t, anyway.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Saw the team sheet and thought Southgate is a joke. He's got a rested Dunk available against Malta and he's not even on the bench! Why call him up?

The City players have played ridiculous amount of games and been on the piss for the last week and they're playing or on the bench smh
Erm.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
What a pointless, neaningless and petty goal. Future footballers need to have their arms amputated if they play defence.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It’s truely awful with that dull din of the band in the background.

Townsend saying players who aren’t fully prepared or in peak condition won’t be anywhere near the squad. Eh??

His commentary has unnecessary attitude on innocuous matters eg “Gareth has played xxxxx based on form and why shouldn’t he”. WTF, as a world class England international, just deliver your insights.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here