Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Malky to Wigan.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Ever heard of "innocent until proven guilty"? You are typical of all the right on politically correctness that infects this site, numpty.

As I'm on to get my MA degree in Politics, which includes Law - yes, obviously. Of course, it would be wrong for me to judge without evidence - which include Malky's own admission of guilt on behalf on the texts being sent. So for me, and the overwhelming majority on NSC, we would not want a man who has had these views anywhere near our club.

If i'm a numpty for not wanting a man who by his own admission has use anti-Semite, homophobic, racist language, then by all means I'm a numpty and proud of it.

You have yourself a nice evening.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Hopefully Sami is safe for some time,however if at any time the position became available Malky could do a job here he has a decent record,in our league/financial situation there would be few applicants.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
One of Wigan Athletic's shirt sponsors has ended its agreement with the club following the appointment of new manager Malky Mackay.

Kitchen firm Premier Range - which carries a logo on the back of the Championship club's kit - said it was in an "untenable" position.

More to follow...

I'm thinking that 'Kitchen firm Premier Range' will raise their profile far more by copping out of their commercial contract than they ever earned from signing up for it.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Hopefully Sami is safe for some time,however if at any time the position became available Malky could do a job here he has a decent record,in our league/financial situation there would be few applicants.

I wouldn't want him anywhere near our football club

You say there would be few applicants, that's rubbish. We would have lots of good quality applicants, as we did when we were bottom of the football league, and just about to be kicked out of the Goldstone.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Just incredible from Whelan today. In trying to defend Mackay, he has said stuff that is arguably far worse, and almost certainly landed himself in a load of trouble.

I think one of the things this highlights is why you have a Head of Media/Communications in the first place. They should be a communications or PR professional that is respected by the board and owner to provide the right advice, and consulted and heeded in times of crisis.

The problem is at a lot of football clubs, that isn't the case. They either aren't PR professionals, or if they are, they aren't listened to when it really counts and the board think they know better. Any Head of Media worth their salt would have kept Dave Whelan's involvement to a minimum on this. He had to say something but just back his man, explain the reasoning and get him out of there. The bloke is a dinosaur.

I have had some dealings with the Wigan Head of Media, and I have to say I don't rate him at all. He has pissed a lot of people off in the past couple of years, and that may be coming back to haunt him. Quite enjoying watching him hopping around trying to dodge this hailstorm of bullets.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I'm thinking that 'Kitchen firm Premier Range' will raise their profile far more by copping out of their commercial contract than they ever earned from signing up for it.

Indeed, I'd never heard of them until today!!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
This sort of circus only happens in our country, this is why people despair and vote UKIP..

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Dave Whelan is still living in another age, he's completely out of touch and genuinely doesn't comprehend how his remarks could be considered offensive.

He was on 5-Live a month or so back talking about the Rooney Rule, which was he was against as "colour doesn't matter any more in football anyway", and then went on to say, a couple of times live on air, that if a "coloured" was the best man for the job then he'd have no problem hiring him. You could hear the squirming as they wrapped up the interview and apologised if any listeners found some of Dave Whelans references offensive...

Its not an excuse, but he's like your old nan or grandad, just still existing in a different era. Except unfortunately, his utterances get national exposure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here