[Albion] Malick Yalcouaye

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Han Solo

May 25, 2024

Brighton and Salzburg are leading the chase on Malick Yalcouaye, 18-year-old Ivorian-Malian defensive midfielder. Currently belongs to IFK Gothenburg and their DoF confirm our interest.

I've also heard elsewhere that he's coming to us and unless one of the really big boys disrupt it, this player will be ours in a few weeks.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Have we moved on from South America now then? Or have we lost the people that made our connections with South America work?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
One player linked who isn't not from SA and you question our scouting network. Football is played worldwide you know?!
What a strange post - does two and two really add up to seven in your world?

We seem to be looking much more towards Scandinavia and other lesser European football countries than in recent years, although there still seems to be one young South American we are after (see separate thread). And you think that wondering if we are now targetting our focus in different fields is 'questioning our scouting network'?
:shrug:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Have we moved on from South America now then? Or have we lost the people that made our connections with South America work?
We are still PERUsing over there. If you told anyone we would have such success years ago they wouldn't BOLIVIA

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
What a strange post - does two and two really add up to seven in your world?

We seem to be looking much more towards Scandinavia and other lesser European football countries than in recent years, although there still seems to be one young South American we are after (see separate thread). And you think that wondering if we are now targetting our focus in different fields is 'questioning our scouting network'?
:shrug:
The club have said they search where they can find value. At the moment, that appears to be scandanavia.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
We have lost Jewell. Unless the club made up what they said about him when he was here, he was absolutely vital to our success in S America.
Anyways, this looks like a typical Albion signing. Bring it on. Looks like we will be competing with Bayern and United for him though.
And I look forward to some experienced pros coming in over the next few weeks.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We have lost Jewell. Unless the club made up what they said about him when he was here, he was absolutely vital to our success in S America.
Anyways, this looks like a typical Albion signing. Bring it on. Looks like we will be competing with Bayern and United for him though.
And I look forward to some experienced pros coming in over the next few weeks.
Exactly. and also the fact that other clubs have latched on to our successes in South America, and are now rushing into that market themselves. Hence my question - which was, have we now shifted our main focus to other areas (not exclusively, of course) to try and be ahead of the game yet again?
Interesting times (as usual!)

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Exactly. and also the fact that other clubs have latched on to our successes in South America, and are now rushing into that market themselves. Hence my question - which was, have we now shifted our main focus to other areas (not exclusively, of course) to try and be ahead of the game yet again?
Interesting times (as usual!)
Did I dream Chelsea are signing a Brazilian kid for over £50 million?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

They’ve signed Kendry Paez who is Ecuadorean for about £25 million. He’ll join next summer. I believe he was a target of ours.

I think they are also trying to get a deal over the line for Estevao Willian who is Brazilian for around £50million, he won’t be able to join until next summer either.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
The Brazilian market is a lot more expensive than all the other South American markets. We're staying away from that one, but still a lot of value to be found in the rest of South America.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Very hard not to be ‘in’ on this when he is wearing blue & white stripes!

My initial impression from the first couple of minutes of that is that he's a Caicedo type. Needs a fair bit of polish, but looks like he has a great bit of game sense.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Right, just done a bit of Instagram research (stalking). Göteborg fans in his replies begging him to stay another season. That sounds promising.

Also, I kind of like the Mali/ Côte d'Ivoire connection. Similar background to Bissouma. Maybe it's a sign (that he'll be good, not that he'll sign, be great for a while, tail off and then sign for Spurs at a bargain price).

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Chelsea are now happy to pay fortunes for kids in that market which presumably pushes up the prices for anyone who’s been trying to run a club properly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports