Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Maksimenko scores in Sweaty-Sockland

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Agreed but their team now and their manager now, no chance.

However Newcastle get 50,000+ a week and haven't won anything in 50 odd years. So wouldn't guarantee success.

Of course nothing is guaranteed, but Newcastle are big in Newcastle, Celtic are all over the world due to their Irish/Catholic connections.

Vastly bigger than Newcastle.

Infact I'd put them in the top 4 of British teams for International support behind Man U, Liverpool and Arsenal.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Would he walk into the first team I doubt it. Good potential but has only played in Holland and Scotland. Wouldn't be starting.

Would walk into any team in the bottom half in my opinion. Have you actually seen him play or are you basing your assumptions on that he plays for Celtic?

Freak results do happen. Barcelona have lost at home to Spanish club equivalents of Brighton.

Not the same Barcelona in my opinion. Barcelona were really strong that season. Messi is unhappy, Xavi and Iniesta are getting on and this Martino doesn't look all that.

He's gone from the Dutch league to an even weaker league.

Of course he looks good against Ross County and the like.

So on that basis Henrik Larsson was shyte? He went from the Dutch League to Celtic.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
So on that basis Henrik Larsson was shyte? He went from the Dutch League to Celtic.

Who said he was Shite? :shrug:

I can tell you now though, he wouldn't have scored that amount of goals in England, Spain, Italy etc.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Celtic are shit. The Scottish Prem is shit. Its a joke league. Prove to me otherwise.

Says it all that Aberdeen are currently second in the SPL.

Their team is made up of numerous players who were BANG AVERAGE in league 1 and league 2 in England; Calvin Zola, Adam Rooney, Barry Robson, Shaleum Logan (who couldn't get in the Brentford team), Willow Flood, and SCOTT VERNON (I remember him from Blackpool/Withdean years for being bloody useless, years back!).

Anybody who says the Championship and SPL are about level is probably Scottish. Bar Celtic, I think every single side would be bottom 6.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Who said he was Shite? :shrug:

I can tell you now though, he wouldn't have scored that amount of goals in England, Spain, Italy etc.

I disagree, in his prime he could've been a 15-20 goal a season striker for a mid table Premier League club. The fact Barcelona and United both had him says he was a good player.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Would walk into any team in the bottom half in my opinion. Have you actually seen him play or are you basing your assumptions on that he plays for Celtic?

Not the same Barcelona in my opinion. Barcelona were really strong that season. Messi is unhappy, Xavi and Iniesta are getting on and this Martino doesn't look all that.

I have watched him several times only from a Brighton point of view to see what we missed out on. Scored a nice free kick in one of the games I have seen. He is a good player but has the potential to do better. Needs to leave Scotland but he and his Mrs seem happy. So he may stay and waste his career in Scotland.

Celtic are bang average and are top 8 championship side. Of course if they were in the prem they would benefit from the money but would still struggle to break into the top 4 however you would imagine a money man buying them up.

It's all if buts and maybes, however what is true the Scottish prem is very weak but Maxi will benefit from game time.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I disagree, in his prime he could've been a 15-20 goal a season striker for a mid table Premier League club. The fact Barcelona and United both had him says he was a good player.

Numerous strikers have come from Scotland and done absolutely nothing in the Championship. Far more than the number who have moved and become a success.

It's a noddy league, Larsson wasn't a bad player by any means, but bar 40 odd games at Barca, he never really played at a decent domestic level.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

He was a good player. Who said he wasn't? :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here