Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Making a Will

theboybilly

What!!!!! You don't put your ISA money in a trust because you haven't died yet, unless of course you are setting up the trust now in order to avoid inheritance tax. He's probably right that you can't transfer your ISA into a trust but surely all you do is cash it in and use the cash to set up the trust fund. I'm no expert but it sounds like all you need to do is get your executors to set up the trusts when you pass on. Costly if you use solicitors as executors but free if your executors are family or friends.

My brother and I are executors on my mothers will and part of that was to set up two trusts of which we are the trustees. Nothing special to set up. The two trusts are basically investment accounts with my brother and I named as trustees. From recollection, all the finance companies needed to see was the will, confirming the trusts, and probate.

As for power of attorney, see the attached link.

https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/lasting-power-of-attorney-forms

To be honest the whole thing about setting up this trust thing left me a bit bewildered (as do pensions) but I'm now getting the feeling that I must call this off before they take any money off my card (before the cooling off period) I just had this feeling something wasn't right....the same as I had a gut feeling that an IFA was fobbing me off with a re-mortgage I could have bettered on the High Street once. Intuition saved me a shedload there and got my mortgage paid off early. There are some shysters out there. Thank you for your input, much appreciated

theboybilly

Seriously, you need to tell him to just f*ck right off and never contact you again.

And on no account let your missus sign something on both your behalfs while you're not present.

I will do this tomorrow (I'm just home from Southend so haven't had the chance tonight) Thank you so much, I shall take your advice and get this sorted under Will-Aid in November

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here