Making a Murderer documentary

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
qMvwFBW.jpg

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Even more suspect, a phone you would understand because if someone didnt have a phone youd give them a spare one but giving a camera, something needed for evidence to the one person that just so happens to find it.... Incredible

I thought most people have a mobile and most mobiles have a camera...

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I don't think it was confirmed but it heavily alluded to that three of the jurors refused to deliberate at all and pressured the others into a guilty verdict.

I watched a talk show and Strang said there was 7 not guilty votes at the start of deliberations. Those 3 jurors pressured the others and it was suggested they just gave in to get out of there after 7 weeks! Considering the evidence not shown I still can't say without doubt he is guilty, too many erm.. doubts! No way would I have given in knowing a means life is at stake especially after his last 18 years!

Jimmy Grimble

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...ery-the-netflic-show-missed-out-a6807961.html

Some of the prosecutions' arguments apparently left out of the documentary.

None of which add up to a hill of beans when you look at the shocking inconsistencies in the prosecutions evidence.

And I STILL can't get past the recording of that cop on the phone giving a licence plate check on Teresa's car while she was still reported missing, casually identfying the, model, colour and year of it (as he was quite clearly looking at the damn thing...) and Teresa's car only THEN being "discovered", some 4-5 days later, in Avery's yard. That cop was there in the dock, under oath, and had no explanation when they played that recording back. His one feeble thought was to say "uuhhh...didn't the operator say the make and model back to me ?". Umm..nope. That was you, sir.

Quite apart from the dubious nature of the (clearly) planted evidence, that on its own should have been enough for the ENTIRE prosecution case to fall apart at the seams, and yet....vested interests and pre-conceived opinion on a defendant, all mixed in with outright prejudice and a determination to see a guilty verdict regardless, all led to a horrific miscarriage of justice. How the hell that jury could find him guilty "beyond all reasonable doubt" is beyond bizarre. I ended up feeling quite naive by the end of it. Is that really how "justice" works sometimes ?

darkcore1977

May 18, 2009
haywards heath
It's decent but no where near the level of corruption from government and media combined as to what happened at sandy hook . Everyone should watch via YouTube ( we need to talk about sandy hook )

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
And I STILL can't get past the recording of that cop on the phone giving a licence plate check on Teresa's car while she was still reported missing, casually identfying the, model, colour and year of it (as he was quite clearly looking at the damn thing...) and Teresa's car only THEN being "discovered", some 4-5 days later, in Avery's yard. That cop was there in the dock, under oath, and had no explanation when they played that recording back. His one feeble thought was to say "uuhhh...didn't the operator say the make and model back to me ?". Umm..nope. That was you, sir.

I need to re watch this episode. I don't recall his lawyers making a big issue out of this. But in my mind, it appears as if the Police found the car, called it in, and then conspired to move it and plant it in Avery's yard. During this time, they then planted his blood in the car (forgot to clean hers out of the boot) and hid the key in his bedroom.

I really hope that this gets re opened and the truth, one way or another comes out before the real culprits are too old to be punished. Firmly believe he's innocent of this crime.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I need to re watch this episode. I don't recall his lawyers making a big issue out of this. But in my mind, it appears as if the Police found the car, called it in, and then conspired to move it and plant it in Avery's yard. During this time, they then planted his blood in the car (forgot to clean hers out of the boot) and hid the key in his bedroom.

I really hope that this gets re opened and the truth, one way or another comes out before the real culprits are too old to be punished. Firmly believe he's innocent of this crime.

I expect his lawyers did make a big issue of it - the guy absolutely nailed it at the time, the cop had no answer. But they can only show so much in the documentary, and there was just so much that stank in that case, that numberplate aspect was just another inconsistency amongst everything else. For me though, that really stood out as a huge hole in the prosecutions case.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
we may never find out who did it, but the ex boyfriend was extremely suspicious on camera when asked about who found the car. The police were massively inconsistent on key aspects of their movements and actions on key days and as a reasonable person (I like to think) I saw enough to have a reasonable doubt that Avery was the culprit and in a murder trial the room for doubt should have been enough to acquit him.
Add to that the fact that with a $36m dollar lawsuit against them, the County had the motive to frame him...

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I finally watched this last night.

I'm angry today. I've shouted twice and can only put it down to the anger built up watching this before bed.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Just popped up on FaceBook from The Lad Bible (that reputable news site) that the internet has found 'some big new evidence'

The photo of Teresa standing by her Rav4 holding her camera and keys, a bunch of keys, not a single key on a lanyard like the one found in Avery's bedroom.

Speculation. But maybe that key found in Avery's room was the spare giving to the police by the brother or ex?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The FBI agent who had to say in court whether the blood sample tested was positive for that "purple top" chemical (something like EMDI or whatever) drove me MAD.

The defence ask "you only tested 3 of the 6 blood samples, so would you agree the other 3 you didn't test may have been free of this chemical"

The FBI guys answers, "no, I think it would be in all of them".

God, that got me angry. That just STUNK of someone being told what to achieve with his evidence. The truthful answer would be "well, of course, the other 3 could be different".

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
The FBI agent who had to say in court whether the blood sample tested was positive for that "purple top" chemical (something like EMDI or whatever) drove me MAD.

The defence ask "you only tested 3 of the 6 blood samples, so would you agree the other 3 you didn't test may have been free of this chemical"

The FBI guys answers, "no, I think it would be in all of them".

God, that got me angry. That just STUNK of someone being told what to achieve with his evidence. The truthful answer would be "well, of course, the other 3 could be different".

If it's that blonde woman you are talking about I thought her little glance to the Prosecution table when she was under a bit of pressure spoke a thousand words...

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
If it's that blonde woman you are talking about I thought her little glance to the Prosecution table when she was under a bit of pressure spoke a thousand words...

Ah, I was referring to the chap with the tash who gave the initial feedback on the FBI test (which miraculously was developed in a matter of days).

But the blonde lady you were talking about was beyond crooked aswell. I'm getting angry even thinking about this.

And THEN the fact that the prosecution just changed the "she was LURED IN AND HORRIFICALLY MURDERED ON THE BED" to "oh, yeah, ummmm, I suppose it was probably in the garage?"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports