Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Make the most of those you love.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I know we have had some difficult and even heartbreaking stories from time to time as life takes its twists and turns. Please don't bother reading this if you think you are too 'stiff upper lip' or then again maybe you need to read it even more?

Anyway, we are hosting my eldest son's friend at the moment as he and his family vacation in the UK for the summer. He split from family in London yesterday evening and travelled down to the south coast. It has been such a pleasure to meet the chap and find out all about him and his family and to hear some of the Uni japes and situations he and my son have got themselves into.

This morning he got a message from his parents that his grandmother, who lives with them and who he is very close to, had unwittingly run herself over on their drive. The parents only discovered this today as they looked to see if everything was okay at home on CCTV. When they saw the accident they phoned the Sheriff in their town in San Francisco and he checked and unfortunately the poor lady had died. To make things worse, video showed she had laid there several hours and may have been alive some time but without the help that could have saved her.

I implore you, tell people around you, be they friend or family that you care for them, value them and love them. None of us know how long we or our loved ones have and that fateful day may come round sooner than we would like or imagine. My family are pretty shaken and heartbroken for this lad and he faces a difficult trip home alone with his grief but at least knowing he has people here and over the pond who care for him, again I say, please remember the ones you love and sometimes tell them, express how you feel, they will appreciate it and you will not suffer regret later at some time later.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here