Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Major League Baseball 2022

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Last game of the Cardinals regular season tonight.
Will Albert add to his HR record?
Or his RBI total?

Looking forward to beating the Phillies, the Braves and the Mets.
I'd like to see the Bluejays in the WS but the problem is out 1st and 3rd basemen won't be allowed into Canada with their anti vax stance

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Last game of the Cardinals regular season tonight.
Will Albert add to his HR record?
Or his RBI total?

Looking forward to beating the Phillies, the Braves and the Mets.
I'd like to see the Bluejays in the WS but the problem is out 1st and 3rd basemen won't be allowed into Canada with their anti vax stance

I'd be surprised if they're not allowed into Canada. The entry rules got dropped last weekend.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Jays in the playoffs again. I've got a ticket for the division series on the 15th in Toronto. That all depends on us beating the Mariners and actually getting to that series of course!

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I'd be surprised if they're not allowed into Canada. The entry rules got dropped last weekend.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Jays in the playoffs again. I've got a ticket for the division series on the 15th in Toronto. That all depends on us beating the Mariners and actually getting to that series of course!

Being my 2nd team (as we love Toronto) I reckon they should get by the Mariners.
Bichette, Guerrero etc have looked pretty strong lately on the run in.
Funnily enough, Im sat here right now in my Blue Jays jersey and cap - would love to see them and the Padres do well in the postseason.

Fingers crossed!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Good to see the TBJs have hit form at the right time. Looking forward to Friday now! Are you going to watch it from here?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Good to see the TBJs have hit form at the right time. Looking forward to Friday now! Are you going to watch it from here?

I might try and watch it if I can stay awake. I'm guessing it will start at midnight UK time.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Its amazing! Saw this the other day as it was plastered all over the baseball pages on social media that I follow.

Cubs hit a home run with this one :cool:

It popped up on my twitter feed and the tweet sold it to me so I clicked. Glad I did, it's fantastic. As you might have guessed I'm not a baseball fan but I have been to a couple of games in Japan. I enjoyed the atmosphere.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
It popped up on my twitter feed and the tweet sold it to me so I clicked. Glad I did, it's fantastic. As you might have guessed I'm not a baseball fan but I have been to a couple of games in Japan. I enjoyed the atmosphere.

Japan is on our bucket list to visit...and I would love to take in a game there. Just as passionate as the Americans about baseball I reckon!

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Japan is on our bucket list to visit...and I would love to take in a game there. Just as passionate as the Americans about baseball I reckon!

Weirdly, from what I've heard, I know nothing about American baseball fandom, the Japanese can be more raucous. Hanshin Tigers are the lairiest I think.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I pay a subscription for MLB.TV and we just learnt this week that they have decided to blackout the whole of Europe meaning no post season games are available to watch.
No warning.
No refund.
All UK fanbases bloody furious.

Just so you know its not just UK football fans totally disregarded by TV companies.

F00king livid

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I pay a subscription for MLB.TV and we just learnt this week that they have decided to blackout the whole of Europe meaning no post season games are available to watch.
No warning.
No refund.

Just so you know its not just UK football fans totally disregarded by TV companies.

F00king livid
Saw a lot of rage about this on twitter. Seems BT Sport have the rights?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Great weekend of Wildcard action.

Huge sigh of relief that my Padres closed out with a brilliant 6-0 win over the Mets last night - Musgrove absolutely killed it from the mound. I fear though that the Dodgers will breeze past us in the divisionals....

Gutted the Blue Jays imploded too. I went to bed with them 8-1 up, thinking it was all over & going to a game 3...but was stunned to wake up & see they lost it 10-9 in the 9th. Unbelievable :shootself

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
No warning.
No refund.

F00king livid

I saw they changed their minds, and the wildcards were available again for subscribers. Have they done it for the rest of the playoffs too, or was it just this weekend?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Great weekend of Wildcard action.

Huge sigh of relief that my Padres closed out with a brilliant 6-0 win over the Mets last night - Musgrove absolutely killed it from the mound. I fear though that the Dodgers will breeze past us in the divisionals....

Gutted the Blue Jays imploded too. I went to bed with them 8-1 up, thinking it was all over & going to a game 3...but was stunned to wake up & see they lost it 10-9 in the 9th. Unbelievable :shootself
It was f**king awful and meant I was in a bad mood all Sunday. I was texting [MENTION=6625]Badger[/MENTION] with updates and at 8-1 (and all bases still loaded!) he said "it's a massacre".

Then it all went wrong. At 8-5 it became a worry, but the nature of the hit for the tying run at 9-6 was just awful. Popped it up right between 3 fielders, 2 of whom collided allowing all 3 runners to score and injured our best player. I went to bed at 9-9 knowing we'd lose, checked the score before going to sleep and saw it was 10-9. So pissed off.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
It was f**king awful and meant I was in a bad mood all Sunday. I was texting [MENTION=6625]Badger[/MENTION] with updates and at 8-1 (and all bases still loaded!) he said "it's a massacre".

Then it all went wrong. At 8-5 it became a worry, but the nature of the hit for the tying run at 9-6 was just awful. Popped it up right between 3 fielders, 2 of whom collided allowing all 3 runners to score and injured our best player. I went to bed at 9-9 knowing we'd lose, checked the score before going to sleep and saw it was 10-9. So pissed off.

I saw the clip of Bichette & Springer colliding to give the Mariners the tying run - really hope they were OK as I haven't seen anything else about it.
As a die hard Maple Leafs fan, it would've been nice to see the Blue Jays give the city something to celebrate as its been severely lacking in recent decades...:rolleyes: (Not discounting the Raptors title 3 years ago, but its not really the main sport up there in Ontario is it?!) :thumbsup:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I saw the clip of Bichette & Springer colliding to give the Mariners the tying run - really hope they were OK as I haven't seen anything else about it.
As a die hard Maple Leafs fan, it would've been nice to see the Blue Jays give the city something to celebrate as its been severely lacking in recent decades...:rolleyes: (Not discounting the Raptors title 3 years ago, but its not really the main sport up there in Ontario is it?!) :thumbsup:

Toronto will always be a hockey town, but I'd say baseball is number two - however neither of them have done an awful lot for years. 1992 and 1993 is looking a long long time ago now, and as for the Leafs - 1966 means three generations have known nothing but shit.

The only wins in recent times have come from the Argonauts (2), TFC (1) and the Raptors (1).

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

The Blue Jays were just channelling their inner Maple Leafs.

The city went mad for the Raptors win, with hundreds of thousands of people at the trophy parade, I think that was more to do with finally having something to celebrate, rather than any love for basketball.

Anyway, I'm gutted for the Jays, after such a strong season. Especially as I had a ticket for next Saturday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here