Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Major League Baseball 2022

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Great weekend of Wildcard action.

Huge sigh of relief that my Padres closed out with a brilliant 6-0 win over the Mets last night - Musgrove absolutely killed it from the mound. I fear though that the Dodgers will breeze past us in the divisionals....

I've got a World Series fiver each way on the Padres from start of season so I fear you may be correct with Dodgers win

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
My Giants were nowhere near post season, so for now I'm hoping that the Pads can miraculously beat the hated Dodgers, and that Seattle can get past Arsetros. Not asking much.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Great game last night with the Padres dragging themselves back into the series.
The Gaslamp Qtr bars will be rocking on Friday night when it returns to San Diego. My mate messaged me last night to say he looked at getting tickets - $235 for the nosebleed section, and $4500 behind home plate!
He said he will probably end up in a bar somewhere - but reckons to get a good seat you'll have to be there about midday!

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
The Gaslamp quarter was the biggest disappointment of our 2018 US road trip. Terrible restaurant and vibe after much hype - maybe we were a bit travel weary as it was near the end of the trip. Must have missed the decent bit. But rest of SD amazing - Waffle Spot motel, In n Out, Torrey Pines GC, Zoo. Didn't make it to Petco Park but I'd already dragged the family to Oracle Park in SF for a game. Must go back

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
What a Saturday of playoff baseball:
  • Poor old Dodgers dumped out - the heart bleeds for Boehly; I hope GP has his flak helmet to go over his fade next week :lolol:
  • Guardians come from behind to push Yankees to brink.
  • Phillies complete shock win over Braves.
Shame that Seattle couldn't prolong it vs Houston, but at least their long suffering fans got to see two games for the price of one.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
What a comeback from the Padres vs Philly. Snell was getting hit everywhere in the 2nd & I considered calling it a night at 4 zip tbh, but after consecutive homers from Drury & Bell the SD offense sparked into life in the 5th with hit after hit after hit, to go ahead 7-4. The innings was almost 40 mins long! #LFGSD! :cheery:

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Astros and Phillies go through in the ALCS with the Evil Empire, who it is always a pleasure to see getting beaten, must be wondering what went wrong

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Nice 1st innings of WS Game 1 for Verlander. Incredible that he's never won a WS game let alone a WS ring.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Dominant display from the Astros last night - only the 2nd no hitter in World Series history I think I read?! No mean feat with the way the Philly boys have been hitting the ball this postseason.
It will be a crucial game for the Phillies tonight though, with it being the last one at home before heading back to Houston. Lose and I think they may be cooked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here