Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Major Incident in New Church Road!

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Don't understand why a suicidal person would be graded as a 999 emergency response. Each time they respond to a call with the blues and twos it must be weighed up as to whether the response is proportionate to the danger. In this case a person has been seriously injured because someone else may have been threatening to take their own life.

Hindsight is wonderful. If only we had hindsight before events happen. By your criteria, if the suicide had succeeded, you would be one of those screaming that the police should have helped had they ignored it.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
You should take into account the police will, on average, drive faster for longer.

And that the police are following drunks and other dangerous drivers, plus, the modern British motorist is less likely to give way to a police car than they used to.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Yep

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Hindsight is wonderful. If only we had hindsight before events happen. By your criteria, if the suicide had succeeded, you would be one of those screaming that the police should have helped had they ignored it.

What?! My point is that not all jobs are 999 emergency response! I'm sure the injured person and their family are sitting at home (or hospital) now feeling that a high speed response was necessary.

I suppose you would have the fire brigade race to rescue cats from trees, would you?

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
Big cover up in 2005 at Gatwick Beehive where a police 4x4 ran a red light without lights on and killed a mother and injured her son in there car. The two police officers said they had trouble containing a drunk person in the back of there car and that they had there sirens going. Witnesses said this wasn't true. They got away with it.

Yes i remember this. It's shocking they got away with it. Thankfully the majority of the Police are great.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Big cover up in 2005 at Gatwick Beehive where a police 4x4 ran a red light without lights on and killed a mother and injured her son in there car. The two police officers said they had trouble containing a drunk person in the back of there car and that they had there sirens going. Witnesses said this wasn't true. They got away with it.

Cover up? You mean the one where the PC in question was convicted in a court by a jury of 12 members of the public? Bit of a shit cover up that was then.

The jury- that's people like you- evidently felt that the facts of that case warranted the verdict they gave, whether you agree based on what you've read in the paper or not.

I deal with people all day every day who **** up and crash, causing damage and injury to others. The vast majority aren't charged with anything and the insurance companies sort it all out. A police officer, on the other hand, who ****s up and damages property or injures someone, is more likely than not to get charged with offences. I've seen PCs go to court over things that no member of the public would ever get charged with. I know this, as I investigate the crashes.

So frankly you're talking shit if you're suggesting that it's some sort of conspiracy. You really have no idea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here