A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1450936787535282183[/tweet]

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
[tweet]1450936787535282183[/tweet]
If he is accused of crimes aganst humanity, it's nothing to do with death rates. It's to do with them not liking him and not liking the way he didn't do what everyone else did.

The country with the worst record is Peru, 6,148 deaths per million, more than twice as many as Brazil. But their leader will, I dare say, get a pass because he ordered the earliest, strictest, and longest lockdown in South America. It killed more people, but was the "right" option.

Johnson followed SAGE's advice more or less down the line, and had a not much better record than the lunatic Bolsonaro who didn't believe the disease existed. Which suggests, first and foremost, that (unless you got everything bang on right before the disease even got here), human interaction of any sort made relatively little difference.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
If he is accused of crimes aganst humanity, it's nothing to do with death rates. It's to do with them not liking him and not liking the way he didn't do what everyone else did.

The country with the worst record is Peru, 6,148 deaths per million, more than twice as many as Brazil. But their leader will, I dare say, get a pass because he ordered the earliest, strictest, and longest lockdown in South America. It killed more people, but was the "right" option.

Johnson followed SAGE's advice more or less down the line, and had a not much better record than the lunatic Bolsonaro who didn't believe the disease existed. Which suggests, first and foremost, that (unless you got everything bang on right before the disease even got here), human interaction of any sort made relatively little difference.

Why would a Brazilian enquiry into the Brazilian government response to the Covid pandemic in Brazil criticise the Peruvian President?

As for 'human interaction of any sort made relatively little difference', I really think after 20 months of this if you haven't appreciated that the overwhelming majority of cases are caused by human interaction then I genuinely despair.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Why would a Brazilian enquiry into the Brazilian government response to the Covid pandemic in Brazil criticise the Peruvian President?

As for 'human interaction of any sort made relatively little difference', I really think after 20 months of this if you haven't appreciated that the overwhelming majority of cases are caused by human interaction then I genuinely despair.
The tweet didn't say who was doing the enquiry - sorry. But the general principle of the post was that government's wildly differing actions tend to make relatively little difference once the virus has taken hold.

There's no need to despair about me not knowing about how the disease is spread. I do know that Mr jones catches it by breathing in virus particles that Mrs. Smith has breathed out. I should perhaps have made it clearer in my post that when I was talking about the Peruvian and Brazilian governments, I was talking more about the effects of government policy and not the specifics of how it passes from person to person. Sorry to anyone who was confused. I should have said "human action", not "human interaction" which might have helped.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
First 50k daily number in 3 months, Morocco bans UK flights. Interesting to see if anyone else follows....

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
Strange isn't it. All those I've seen on twitter miss that information off too. Must be a common oversight

Or, because we live in Great Britain and not Germany or The Netherlands, so are directly interested by events that affect those travelling to or from our shores!

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Or, because we live in Great Britain and not Germany or The Netherlands, so are directly interested by events that affect those travelling to or from our shores!

Fair point if these weren't the same people who jump at the chance to criticize us in comparison to these other countries. We obviously mustn't report anything negative about them then

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
Fair point if these weren't the same people who jump at the chance to criticize us in comparison to these other countries. We obviously mustn't report anything negative about them then

No, if it's of relavence highlight any country's shortcomings, as is right and proper, after all this ISN'T Twitter!

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
Bias on NSC was the original post :)

Ah, you mean [MENTION=15360]nicko31[/MENTION]. I am sure he only quotes other country's figures when it has a direct relationship to our own, as something has to be used as a metric to measure success or failure.

For example, earlier this year this country led the way in Europe with the number of vaccines being given and this was all over the Covid good news thread, now that's clearly not the case, so it would be right to make direct comparisons with some of our near neighbours, wouldn't it? This, or the vaccine thread would be the right place for these comments to appear, wouldn't they?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Ah, you mean [MENTION=15360]nicko31[/MENTION]. I am sure he only quotes other country's figures when it has a direct relationship to our own, as something has to be used as a metric to measure success or failure.

For example, earlier this year this country led the way in Europe with the number of vaccines being given and this was all over the Covid good news thread, now that's clearly not the case, so it would be right to make direct comparisons with some of our near neighbours, wouldn't it? This, or the vaccine thread would be the right place for these comments to appear, wouldn't they?

As would mentioning other countries have been banned from flying somewhere to show it’s not just the UK

Which is a direct comparison

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Sorry, who is "he", I thought my post was responding to accusations of bias on Twitter...

My post was a comparison of bias on twitter Vs here and the same people in both displaying that bias. It wasn't a direct accusation of bias purely on twitter

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Always too late to take action.

The public inquiry can't come soon enough.

Add failure to deal with the next wave early enough to the charge sheet.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1451252732380200975[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here