Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
98a13b5850ada30b7f8fcb93464857c7.jpg

Brighton’s Covid infection rate is very encouraging seeing as the Universities tested 5,000+ Students last week.

I’m hoping for a big drop next week prior to Christmas.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Surely with a vaccine on the way they should be looking at closing schools now and making the time up at the end of the school year?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Surely with a vaccine on the way they should be looking at closing schools now and making the time up at the end of the school year?

ask the teachers to do an extra week in summer? :mad:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
That is far too joined up thinking.

Shut the schools in January and February and make up the time in the summer - which probably means shifting next school year back a couple of weeks as well.

Sadly this is way beyond the buffoons in charge.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
So London goes in to tier 3 for a week, then it's Christmas and people can do and move where they want for 5 days. Madness. The whole thing is just guesswork.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
So London goes in to tier 3 for a week, then it's Christmas and people can do and move where they want for 5 days. Madness. The whole thing is just guesswork.

If they had any sense they would cancel the Christmas relaxations but we all know they don’t and won’t. It will cause hundreds of unnecessary deaths.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If they had any sense they would cancel the Christmas relaxations but we all know they don’t and won’t. It will cause hundreds of unnecessary deaths.

Neither my daughter, nor I felt comfortable getting together this Christmas so it will be a quiet one. We have promised each other we will have a get together when this thing is kicked into touch.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Neither my daughter, nor I felt comfortable getting together this Christmas so it will be a quiet one. We have promised each other we will have a get together when this thing is kicked into touch.

Exactly where my wife and I are TB. My son and his family intimated a visit on Boxing Day ! It's difficult saying 'NO' but it has to be done I think, there will be plenty of time to catch up after we're all vaccinated and hopefully safe especially as Mrs G. Is highly vulnerable and has been shielding on Gov advice.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Matt Hancock saying there’s a new variant causing fasting spread in the south east. Conveniently found that just in time for the announcement about T3 for London. :lolol:

It irks me reading people saying that people shouldn’t see family at Christmas etc, don’t take for granted the fact you get another Christmas. Trust me on that one, time is an extremely precious commodity.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011

Well- not exactly. The pubs, restaurants etc will all still be shut- which will stop all the XXXXtakers who have been out on the lash in London like Rita, Burley, Princess Beat etc.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Exactly where my wife and I are TB. My son and his family intimated a visit on Boxing Day ! It's difficult saying 'NO' but it has to be done I think, there will be plenty of time to catch up after we're all vaccinated and hopefully safe especially as Mrs G. Is highly vulnerable and has been shielding on Gov advice.

I’m in the vulnerable age bracket with an auto immune disease & my better half is a lifelong asthmatic.
My grandchildren are teenagers.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
ask the teachers to do an extra week in summer? :mad:

You mean the teachers, some of whom are in the vulnerable category, who continue to go into school, to try and keep the system running.

Unworkable “bubbles”, that are completely ineffective, with whole year groups off at a time.
Kent and Essex main spread is among secondary school children, but teachers risking their lives to keep teaching.

Schooling is ineffective currently, because of the bubble system, and most teachers would want to teach an extra week to catch up

But hey ho

And they don’t get even get PPE

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Matt Hancock saying there’s a new variant causing fasting spread in the south east. Conveniently found that just in time for the announcement about T3 for London. :lolol:

It irks me reading people saying that people shouldn’t see family at Christmas etc, don’t take for granted the fact you get another Christmas. Trust me on that one, time is an extremely precious commodity.

Yes. Time is precious. My Mother has dementia. By next Christmas, she may not even recognise us.
She'll be coming to ours for Christmas.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

[TWEET]1338102778896506882[/TWEET]

This really ought to be the advice. See who you want at Christmas, but isolate first to protect yourself and them.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The whole country will be in tier 3 by Jan, that was always the plan.

The bigger question is when does this end.

Sounds being made from Sage/Sturgeon among others it’s unlikely before 2022

The Gov yet again have to set up the support for companies.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

This is absolutely the correct answer to the Christmas relaxations.

Anyone in a vulnerable category needs to look after themselves. Everyone should know the risks now, it shouldn't be up to HMG to micro manage every facet of people's lives.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here