Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Apparently this time last week ICU was empty in Worthing.......it’s now full

How difficult is it to put posts like this onto another ( there's plenty of them) Covid thread. Come on guys it's not the place for such news.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
this will be the main finding in future enquiry, and its deliverable as a policy to have procedures and supplies to implement in another outbreak. the current policy was followed, across many countries, in response to not having ability to do track and trace, so only alternative is lock down. now we have a nation fearful of going back to work or using health services, and impending collapse of many business or entire industries.

And that's precisely because our government is quite clearly failing to get test, track, trace, isolate in place. The charge sheet is mounting

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Over 170000 tests done yesterday and only 2400 odd new cases that's telling me the virus is dying out especially as people have returned to work public transport been busy and not as many social distancing as were before. Surely this is all good news and we're beating the virus just as Boris promised us!!

With the highest death rate in Europe I would say the virus has given us a thorough spanking. Just like Boris said it wouldn't.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Over 170000 tests done yesterday and only 2400 odd new cases that's telling me the virus is dying out especially as people have returned to work public transport been busy and not as many social distancing as were before. Surely this is all good news and we're beating the virus just as Boris promised us!!

Let's all rush out into the streets to celebrate a la VE Day

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Care homes mortality.
England 21%, Wales 25%, Scotland 45%, Germany 37%, Spain 66%, France 50%, Belgium 51%, Norway 61%, Sweden 45%.
(UK and Belgium only countries to add all settings to mortality)

Does this stat illustrate the ratio between care home mortality and total mortality?

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Does this stat illustrate the ratio between care home mortality and total mortality?

I believe so, 21% of fatalities with or of Covid 19 in England have occurred in care homes, interestingly only ourselves and Belgium included care home fatalities. I believe Germany are not even reporting deaths of foreign nationals on their daily figures. Seems very odd.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

But 'only' 60,000 people tested.

Screenshot_20200520-193730_Twitter.jpg

Where is the 117,000 disparity?

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere. Not trying to argue, I genuinely dont understand these figures.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
80k tests sent in the post. No-one appears to know how many come back and how many are positive as they don’t publish them.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
With the percentage of deaths being older and frail and lockdown on those areas would have saved more lives as we would have been able to do it properly. It’s the same story it most hit counties the lack of protection in care homes and the older is the main source of death.

What will also come out is the complete lock down will end up causing more loss of life via missed cancer appointments/issues with mental health amongst other things people were worried to go to the nhs with.

you are actually agreeing with me, track and trace/shielding was the answer and not a complete lock down.

I'm quite clearly not agreeing with you.

:lolol:

( nice try )

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
80k tests sent in the post. No-one appears to know how many come back and how many are positive as they don’t publish them.

Daily test results are published here including how many are positive from Pillar 2 tests (in person + sent out tests)
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public

im sure they know how many come back because the ones that come back and produce a positive result are counted and added to the pillar 2 figure of positive results

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here