Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mail - Ardiles to replace McGhee ...

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
I'm prepared for a "fixtures" if this is elsewhere, but buried in the Mail football supplement is this bizarre story ...

Ossie Ardiles, the Argentina World Cup winner who became a Tottenham folk hero, is poised to return to Britain this week as manager of Championship strugglers Brighton. Ardiles, 53, has been kicking his heels since leaving J-League side Tokyo Verdy 1969 in July and his signing would be a major coup for Brighton, although not so good for present boss Mark McGhee. His side have won only once this season and crashed 3-1 at home to Norwich yesterday.

How odd. ???

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Perhaps he can get the best out of Turienzo. Think it is paper shite as usual, McGhee is doing a fair job in difficult circumstances. We have thrown a lot of points away this season.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
POTLESS Dick Tight doesn't have the TESTICULAR FORTITUDE to sack the jocko clown. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
O Lads said:
Argentina world cup winner. As a player or manager?
If as a manager why not

Do you really need to ask? his managerial record is very scetchy although Spurs did regularly lose 6-5 etc when he was in charge so we would see lots of goals. He was IMHO one of the best players to come out of Argentina in the past 40 years and is a legend in his own country.

The story is absolute bollox though.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Very odd story. Did hear thought that it was Ardiles who recommended Turenzio to the Albion. Thought it was a load of old Bo**ocks at the time, but maybe there was some truth to it afer all ???

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think, though I have not read it myself and am only going on what my Pompey fan mate said, that this was also in the News of the World today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here