Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mahmoud Dahoud (Loaned to VfB Stuttgart 31/01/24)

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Everyone keeps saying we are fine for midfielders and then listing players who haven't kicked a ball for us for a year (if ever).
Yep. At least 50% of those really needed to be traded in for one or two TOP ones. And Milner is going to be very much a cover / doing his badges signing at the age of 176.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Made 9 appearances this season
Ha ! If you mean that equals scepticism as to whether he's worth buying etc then i think that's been pointed out a few times in this thread already !

Yes. He had a shoulder injury keeping him out until January and then couldn't get back into the team for a regular run. A team that finished 2nd in the Bundesliga.

But we'll see what RDZ can do with him i guess and whether he's injury "prone" .

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Ha ! If you mean that equals scepticism as to whether he's worth buying etc then i think that's been pointed out a few times in this thread already !

Yes. He had a shoulder injury keeping him out until January and then couldn't get back into the team for a regular run. A team that finished 2nd in the Bundesliga.

But we'll see what RDZ can do with him i guess and whether he's injury "prone" .
I'd rather sign a player with a dodgy shoulder than glass hamstrings.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

Song for Mahmoud:

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Ultimate these are the kind of waters we fish. This is a guy that burst into the scene, replaced Gundogan at Dortmund, got into the German set up, but has struggled since with injury, form and confidence. If we can get him fit (no reason why not) he's potentially a very astute signing and the fact Welbz was an absolute crock and now seems fitter than ever bodes very well.
If had had been fit for the last two seasons he'd be out of our league.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Made 9 appearances this season
Was in the squad for twenty odd though and played 30 in 2021/22. Has been available since November. The manager has preferred others in his position. Jude Bellingham being one of those others. We'll see how he goes, but doesn't look a bad signing for free.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Ultimate these are the kind of waters we fish. This is a guy that burst into the scene, replaced Gundogan at Dortmund, got into the German set up, but has struggled since with injury, form and confidence. If we can get him fit (no reason why not) he's potentially a very astute signing and the fact Welbz was an absolute crock and now seems fitter than ever bodes very well.
If had had been fit for the last two seasons he'd be out of our league.
It's not at all. Welbeck was a highly injury prone player who lacked form, even at Watford.

Dahoud is a top player in a world class team who had an injury, but is not injury prone, and has mainly been left out of the team because of some of the best players in the world play in his position, no exaggeration.

This is a top, top quality player in his prime. He will immediately become one of our best players.

What we did with Welbeck was incredible.... But we won't have to do anything with Dahoud. He'll be amongst the first names on the team sheet from day one, and likely to be an ever present.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
While we wait for the club to announce Dahoud, here's a nice video of Bellingham doing beautiful things with a football.

Bloody hell. Not seen him play aaprt from England games. He's the dogs gonads.

Dahoud would have to be some player to displace him.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
And he's only 19 as well. If he goes to Real as expected, the sky really is the limit for him.
Played 200 games already though, in the same time Rooney played 154

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Played 200 games already though, in the same time Rooney played 154
Almost half of those in a top side in a top European league as well. By the time he's in his prime he'll have 5+ years at arguably the biggest club in the world (and Spain). Will without a doubt be the most cultured player this country has ever produced.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here