Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mahmoud Dahoud (Loaned to VfB Stuttgart 31/01/24)

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Yaser Kasim played one league match for us in 2011 (although I'll be honest, I have no idea if he is an Arab or not. How would you know?).

Well remembered - he's Iraqi

Being from Iraq, Yaser Kasim is Arab.

EDIT: I guess he could also be Kurdish, but in this instance I believe he is Arab based on his Wiki page offering an Arabic pronunciation of his name.

Got it - so all Iraqis are Arab.

Oh, unless they're not Arabs, in which case they're not.

Glad we sorted that out. :thumbsup:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
We had Zesh Rehman on loan. Don't think he was not an Arab though

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Have I ever told you how much I LIKE Fabrizio Romano, what a lovely man.
I've never understood the hate towards him. He rarely gets anything wrong. Folk just don't seem to like him stating who is after our players. It's his job.

borat

Jul 16, 2003
Got it - so all Iraqis are Arab.

Oh, unless they're not Arabs, in which case they're not.

Glad we sorted that out.

Dahoud is of Syrian Kurdish parents so yes Kurdish. Yasim is Iraqi (from Baghdad). More likely to be Arab but there are Kurds in Baghdad so there is also a possibility he's Kurdish.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea

“Ever since he came to Dortmund, Dahoud has been a polarizing figure among the club’s fan base, with some fans becoming slavishly devoted to him (@paddy), while others have criticized his inconsistent play, maddening tendencies to give the ball away and take ill-advised long shots, and susceptibility to injuries.”

Ill-advised long shots sounds like very much in the Biss/Caicedo lineage.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I've never understood the hate towards him. He rarely gets anything wrong. Folk just don't seem to like him stating who is after our players. It's his job.
what the fans dont like is his deliberate unsettling of p;layers , an example of which is the number of exclusive posts about Ali Mac in the lead up to the semi final, and then nothing after-they dont like how he deliberatly played up the man city transfer of Cucerella-who wass 100% defin itlry going to city and definitley not anywhere else 100%- which was complete bollocks, the deliberate undsettling of caceiado in January, so with Brighton he not only "reports" he fabricates and gets it wrong
He doesnt state who is after our players- he makes up who is after our players, and that is why he isnt liked

If he just did some proper repoorting and journalism, there wouldnt be an issue

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Ok on a free I suppose but just doesn't seem to play enough. Are milner and him gonna be our bench players ? If yes, great.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
It’s nice to us getting our business done super early if this is true. 3 signings all but complete when we’ve still got 5 games to play this season.

Also seems to be another player De Zerbi is a fan of, tried to sign him for Sassuolo allegedly.
Ooooooh - super early. The super prefix really agitates me. Anyone else or is it just due to me working with yanks?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

“Ever since he came to Dortmund, Dahoud has been a polarizing figure among the club’s fan base, with some fans becoming slavishly devoted to him (@paddy), while others have criticized his inconsistent play, maddening tendencies to give the ball away and take ill-advised long shots, and susceptibility to injuries.”

Ill-advised long shots sounds like very much in the Biss/Caicedo lineage.
Sounds like we’re looking to sign an Ali J replacement

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here