Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Maheta Molango set to Replace Gordon Taylor at PFA

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think it was the speed of the initial assumption that was wasn't qualified for the role that was eyebrow raising to me and one or two others ..... but then it all got cleared up ... that it was just a bit of banter or something ... so that's all ok.

Yep.

I'd followed Molango a bit and knew he was a high-end multi-tasker who'd mixed football with law and a few other adventures besides. If that wasn't on your radar then you'd be bound to raise an eyebrow or three.

However, I'd just like to say that I condemn all forms of racism, acts of oppression, terrorism, clampdowns, stinginess and irritability.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Speed of the initial assumption was that it was an absurd appointment. Tho having slept on it overnight... have reached the exact same assumption. Tho carry on with with your half-arsed little attempt at angry mobbing. Always love it when NSC half-wits have a go at one of those [emoji38]ol:

View attachment 134966
I wonder if you were prepared to back up your reason for thinking it absurd he has been appointed, you might get fewer halfwits with burning torches arriving at their own conclusions.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well I haven’t a clue what his qualifications are as opposed to someone like Robbie Savage and was wondering why Tom thought it absurd...... I think I realise now that maybe he thought higher profile ex players were going to be in the runnering. Race mmm not Tom...... of course unless he thought he was only in the running because he was black. Now you see a different argument ensues that if he ISNT the best guy for the post.

It should be a black female ex player who is a lesbian anyway if we are going down that road.

I think Alex Scott has already got enough on her plate, with all the media work, tbh.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Only if some SWINE were to google 'Molango Albanian agent'. But I'm sure everybody's too busy happily clapping into their mittens to be doing any such thing eh?

I am right with you on this.

I wonder if he hadn't played 12 seconds for us and had a nice chat with a few people at the Withdean, how many would be questioning this. The governance at the FA is dodgy as hell and Taylor's fingers are all over this.

No idea if he's good enough for the job but given the historical performance of the FA, I think you are absolutely right to question it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I am right with you on this.

I wonder if he hadn't played 12 seconds for us and had a nice chat with a few people at the Withdean, how many would be questioning this. The governance at the FA is dodgy as hell and Taylor's fingers are all over this.

No idea if he's good enough for the job but given the historical performance of the FA, I think you are absolutely right to question it.

The PFA is nothing to do with the FA.

https://www.thepfa.com/education/on-the-board

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
The PFA do some great work helping ex pros who may have fallen out of the game at a young age, once you have been a member they will look to help you out for life.

Great to see an Ex-Albion player get the role but I suspect it wasnt his career as a footballer that has got him into the position.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
The appointment has raised some eyebrows in the game after he was chosen above the PFA’s chairman Ben Purkiss, who first initiated the process to oust Taylor, and Gareth Farrelly, the former Everton player who now works as a lawyer.[/i]

I bet it has come as a shock for the jobs for boys nudge nudge wink wink culture that they followed a fair and appropriate hiring process for such a high level role.

Whether the tone of the article accurately reflects the cultural machinations of the organisation or whether it was the journalist using artistic licence this attitude needs to do one.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Typical of you to close the door on here you priggy liberal.

Seriously though Gordon Taylor has had huge wages increases and bonuses paid to him in his role that has lasted 40 years. He was the highest paid trade union official in the country and members fees went nowhere near paying his salary.... Where did the rest of his income come from. Well, if you don’t know that by now ...........
Even when his salary was 300k I thought it obscene but his million pound bonuses just made me think wtf.
He did nothing for homophobia within the sport and I notice the new wage for the new member will be a fraction of what he was on.
It’s a corrupt business that sometimes makes me sick.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Had to google, forgotten who he was...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So kind of you to send me the link to explain this.

PFA governance dodgy as hell then.....

Why is the PFA governance dodgy ? They used an independent interview panel for it - for the first time ever

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Speed of the initial assumption was that it was an absurd appointment. Tho having slept on it overnight... have reached the exact same assumption. Tho carry on with with your half-arsed little attempt at angry mobbing. Always love it when NSC half-wits have a go at one of those :lolol:

View attachment 134966
Why is it absurd?

I can see that the initial reaction - due to Molango's relationship with the Albion - might be that someone is pulling our collective leg, but you claim to have reflected on the appointment and still find it absurd, that is to say stupid, illogical, laughable etc. Why?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Good for him but bit surprised not ex player who knows ins and outs of dealing with FA

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Came in this thread expecting the same three posters to be screaming racism, with or without context and wasn't disappointed. Your lives must be so miserable that that your own joy comes from taking offence at perceived slights.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here