Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Maffs - Last nights Despatches prog

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I got zero out of 14. The comment was How canthis be possible!

I was always TERRIBLE at maths at school. Despite extra lessons, extra help the teacher could explain over and over again and I just never got it, ever. Doesn't surprise me at all. I look at those questions and as much as I try I just cannot make sense of them. Poor effort!

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
14/14 a few tricky ones in there - tried to make my other half take it but she is refusing - Primary school teachers !

By the way I watched the programme and thought that whilst getting pupils to visualise maths is good I don't think you can sacrifice methodology. You may be able to visualise 1/2 divided by 1/4 but can that help you solve 1/3 divded by 3/7 ?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
7/14...but I cocked up two where I knew the answers and because I am old, I put down the wrong amount

I am deeply depressed

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
AGA_A26 on 15 February 2010 at 21:12 I come from Poland where you can forget about being a teacher without having finished university. And if you fail a subject or two the teacher just won't let you go to the next class. At the end of primary school there is a final exam which decides if you can go to secondary school, and then you take another one at the secondary school of your choice - that decides if they take you of not. If you fail you can go to vocational chool and become a hairdresser or a carpenter. I don't want to upset anybody, I've only finished secondary school, but when my friends send their children to English school they jump one or two years forward because the're bored...

Blimey!!!! That is a sad inditement of the system

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
14/14 - it was aimed at primary school children so it should be pretty easy.

Nigella's Cream Pie

Fingerlickin good
Apr 2, 2009
Up your alley
12/14 but only took 3 mins. I thought the patio squares percentage qn was a trick one, thought I hadn't submitted the previous question, pattern seemed to be exactly the same.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here