Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Maenpaa

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I love Stockdale, I really do. But Maenpaa deserves to keep the shirt for Saturday if Stockdale is fit. If he is here to compete for the number 1 spot you cannot drop him after a good game and a clean sheet. He couldn't of done anymore last night.

I think you can if the sample size is only one game. Goalkeeper is such an important position that you can't risk it. If Maenpaa has a run of games where he is consistently performing to the same or higher level than Stockdale then you can let him keep the shirt. If Stockdale is fit for Reading, however, then you got to go with the very solid and dependable goalkeeper that you know.

For me all you can take from one game is that Maenpaa did well and he and the defence should have confidence if he's called in again.

Raskolnikov

Aug 13, 2014
Wivenhoe
Based on that performance alone (it is the first time I have seen him) I think it is clear why Stockdale made such a drastic improvement from his first season with us. If Stockdale had put a foot wrong we would have had an equally competent number 2 to step in

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Not sure about #1. but....

We do the duh duh duh duh DAVID STOCKDALE

for Nikki, can we do - Nuh nuh nuh nuh NIKKI MAENPAA

Just to get behind him as he's coming out between the sticks? thoughts?

Oh Nikki, you're so fine
You're so fine you blow my mind, hey Nikki,
Hey Nicky

Surely

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I love Stockdale, I really do. But Maenpaa deserves to keep the shirt for Saturday if Stockdale is fit. If he is here to compete for the number 1 spot you cannot drop him after a good game and a clean sheet. He couldn't of done anymore last night.

No he couldn't have done any more but he wasn't really tested, Stockdale was the difference between a 0-0 and a 3-0 at Derby

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here