Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Maenpaa injury

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Adverts? It's the content that bores me.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It's like one of those dodgy stream sites, with the pop up ads with little crosses hidden in odd places.

My PC hates the Argus site, it has to work harder and the fan wants to kick in on max. If I have a few browser windows open and go to the Argus it just crashes the lot. It has to be the worst website ever and the download speed reminds me of the dial up connections of the 90's.

Oh those adverts get right on my nerves, the ones with the noisy videos that start without any warning or invitation. Pretty much all newspaper websites have them now. Massively annoying.
If only someone had invented something which could block ads...

😛

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hence I take a huge (noisy) risk every time I open the Argus site.

The risk that you'll be sucked into reading some monumentally tedious non-story about a kid sent home from school in Woodingdean for transgressing uniform rules, perhaps (with attendant SadFace photo of said kid and Mum), or an issue with a commuter parking his car eight inches over a residents' parking bay in Portslade? A seagull eating somebody's chips perhaps?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The risk that you'll be sucked into reading some monumentally tedious non-story about a kid sent home from school in Woodingdean for transgressing uniform rules, perhaps (with attendant SadFace photo of said kid and Mum), or an issue with a commuter parking his car eight inches over a residents' parking bay in Portslade?

A 'news' story crammed into about 20% of the screen, surrounded by massive banner adverts, top, bottom and sides, plus embedded video ads that burst into life of you have the temerity to scroll near them, plus the obligatory mass ranks of clickbait links below "Hove Mum shares secret of how to make 3k a day", "You'll never believe what XXXX looks like now" type 'articles'... all running at 48k dial up speed.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If only someone had invented something which could block ads...

��

You lose half the screen when using ad blocker on the Argus site. A huge blue block asking you to turn off the ad blocker. It's less annoying than the adverts.
My Ipad doesn't tolerate the Argus website at all.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
You lose half the screen when using ad blocker on the Argus site. A huge blue block asking you to turn off the ad blocker. It's less annoying than the adverts.

I find that if I'm quick enough, I let just the text appear and then press stop on the browser which prevents the adblock warning showing up.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
What is the end result on Maenpaas injury is it serious enough to warrant a signing as the recall of Walton seems to have been shelved by CH.

I haven't seen anything to suggest that CH has shelved the idea of bringing Walton back, but it seems to be that it would be the least likely scenario unless Maenpaa is going to be out long term. As already suggested by both myself and others he'll develop a lot more by staying on loan and playing regularly for a promotion chasing side than sitting on the bench here for a couple of weeks before being relegated to DS games for the rest of the season. It seems much more likely that we will look to bring someone in on loan or a short term deal as cover.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

The Argus restricts any viewing of the site if you use an add blocker.

I adblock the ad that says I'm using an adblocker when on the Argus website :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here