Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Madeleine McCann...

Without trawling through each post, I wonder if those that are so ready to condemn the parents that have paid the ultimate price are from the generation where 100% monitoring children is expected even demanded.

When they feel that perhaps is time for their 12 year old to go and 'play' yes 'play' and yes 12 !! with their friends unsupervised, they arm them with an appropriate smartphone to ease their fears of imminent abduction.

As parents we overall try and play it by the book, but every so often we stray a wee bit from what we would normally do, we get away with it, perhaps even the children benefit from less parental intervention, its a tragic set of circumstances that for me finds no blame.

Sensible post, that is all I have to say on this subject other than I can't think of any more pleasurable headline than "Maddie found alive and well".

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Agree with this , my parents were in this area after the event and said the distance from the girl to the parents was a lot more than 15 minutes , should not of been left alone , end off . Obviously they want to build up the fund again as it was probably getting low.

If it takes 15 minutes to walk that distance from the tapas bar to the appt, then they must be extremely slow walkers

_70482824_madeleinesatview_withsighting.jpg

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Agree with BigGully above. I am stunned that there are people on here who are blaming the parents for this due to their negligence.

Presumably Billie Jo Jenkins should never have been left at home

Sarah Payne should never have been allowed to play outside

James Bulger's mother should never have looked away

I just can't understand how any loving parent's first reaction would be to blame the parents. But there are obviously parents on here who have never so much as glanced away from their children for 18 years.

Last edited:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It will be interesting to see what this fresh appeal delivers. Do we think it could lead to a resolution? Must be incredibly difficult for any police force to delve back into a case after this time has passed.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I don't see why me and the others who dare to question the parents are getting so much flack? As I've said there is no other real leads, so the McCanns version of events from that day should be questioned more, as already stated in this thread there is a few pieces of evidence that could mean they were involved, which is certainly more than any other evidence the police have. As I've said all along and at risk of repeating myself, I find the two parents highly suspicious. Since day one I've found the way they acted strange, in interviews and after hearing things they refused to answer. I think people are daft saying there is no possibility they could be involved, there is no other concrete leads at all. But I feel like I'm repeating myself, I just have a different opinion to most.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It will be interesting to see what this fresh appeal delivers. Do we think it could lead to a resolution? Must be incredibly difficult for any police force to delve back into a case after this time has passed.

Unfortunately, given the thousands of man hours already spent on the case, it is fairly obvious to even the most stupid posters on NSC that there isn't any substantial evidence. So as much as I want to see the facts come out, i can't see it happening.

*edit* Just seen i've been beaten to the reply. Given that well thought out case I have now changed my mind and think that there should be a public vote on 'gut feel' to decide the case :facepalm:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Unfortunately, given the thousands of man hours already spent on the case, it is fairly obvious to even the most stupid posters on NSC that there isn't any substantial evidence. So as much as I want to see the facts come out, i can't see it happening.

That's my impression. Thousands of missing children cases go unsolved across the western world each year we just don't hear of them. Wanting a resolution is not going to make it happen.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I don't see why me and the others who dare to question the parents are getting so much flack? As I've said there is no other real leads, so the McCanns version of events from that day should be questioned more, as already stated in this thread there is a few pieces of evidence that could mean they were involved, which is certainly more than any other evidence the police have. As I've said all along and at risk of repeating myself, I find the two parents highly suspicious. Since day one I've found the way they acted strange, in interviews and after hearing things they refused to answer. I think people are daft saying there is no possibility they could be involved, there is no other concrete leads at all. But I feel like I'm repeating myself, I just have a different opinion to most.

Yep you cerainly are repeating yourself, and you have got a different opinion than most.

I think we can all agree on this.

Maybe start a NSC poll?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

It's not flack. If you think two people, or one person are guilty of Murdering their (much much wanted) baby daughter because they had dinner beside the pool next to their apartment and then didn't cry enough for your liking when asked about it by journos then you need to substantiate it.

I'm not even saying they didn't do it, theirs is certainly the most scrutinised story though and nobody can find a single shred against them.

I just think that, what you are implying, is about the most disgusting thing I can imagine, worse even than abduction by a stranger, and it's one hell of an opinion to hold without putting forward any sensible basis.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
I remember losing my Daughter in Woolies along Western Road, when she was 3. I moment she was holding my hand the next long. The sense of panic was immense, where was she, how had i let it happen. Worst 5 minutes (seemed hours) of my life. Had staff checking the exits etc, eventually found her looking at the pretty dresses at the back of the shop. Sense of relief immense. Would just like Maddie and all other lost children to be reunited with their families, won't happen, but as a parent feel for them all.... As my 80 year old mother always tells me..... you never stopping worrying whatever age your children are.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I remember losing my Daughter in Woolies along Western Road, when she was 3. I moment she was holding my hand the next long. The sense of panic was immense, where was she, how had i let it happen. Worst 5 minutes (seemed hours) of my life. Had staff checking the exits etc, eventually found her looking at the pretty dresses at the back of the shop. Sense of relief immense. Would just like Maddie and all other lost children to be reunited with their families, won't happen, but as a parent feel for them all.... As my 80 year old mother always tells me..... you never stopping worrying whatever age your children are.

We've all been there as parents at one time or another.

What amazes me is that, unlike other child abduction/ murder parents Sarah Payne, James Bulger etc., the parents have stayed together. Still holding each others hands and supporting one another in interviews. It must have been hell every day since she was lost but somehow they've stuck it out.

They must know that many people suspect them of involvement, they must get idiots shouting things at them and trolling their appeal pages, but they've never given in and still want the truth.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
If it takes 15 minutes to walk that distance from the tapas bar to the appt, then they must be extremely slow walkers

View attachment 47673

Exactly, its 30 seconds from bar to apartment, I stayed there the following year, across the road from this complex, we drank in a basement bar called Waiting for Godo,....a mix of locals and ex pats, they were all amazed that the police didn't reexamine the road works of the time in the surrounding roads, there was a initial search, but it was filled in shortly after by the council and locals kept asking for this to be searched again, but it didn't happen.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
It's a shame we can't get the lovely Kathryn Morris in to solve this cold case! kathryn morris.jpg

I am suspicious of the parents and a lot of the evidence, from the dogs, nobody actually confirming if Gerry was at the Tapas bar at the time, or Kate not answering questions, the fact they would have to have been extremely unlucky to have not only left the child but have a kidnapper in the vicinity and have a bungling police force etc etc. But, if they had anything to do with it, it would take a very vile person and especially a woman to kill or cover up the murder of her own daughter. This is the only thing that makes me think and hope that they had nothing to do with it.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Nope there isn't. If people are brutally honest, if they haven't found her by now they aren't going too. I still believe the parents have something to do with it, just my opinion but then I also think the way the parents have released books and been general media whores is pretty disgusting too.

Media whores ?? What were they supposed to do , just give up ? Bellend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here