Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Reference?

Lesley Stahl on U.S. sanctions against Iraq: We have heard that a half million children have died. I mean, that’s more children than died in Hiroshima. And, you know, is the price worth it?

Secretary of State Madeleine Albright: I think this is a very hard choice, but the price–we think the price is worth it.

—60 Minutes (5/12/96)

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
I suppose the suggestion is that they were all living happy, fulfilled lives under Saddam Hussein and his policies contributed not a whit to their deaths?

The population of Iraq, incidentally, was 20m in 1996. So if about one-sixth of the child population died in or just before that year, surely the population should have been impacted? Population growth has continued to increase as these 1900's children (whether alive or dead) have continued to procreate.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pop...i57j0i512l9.3707j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I suppose the suggestion is that they were all living happy, fulfilled lives under Saddam Hussein and his policies contributed not a whit to their deaths?

The population of Iraq, incidentally, was 20m in 1996. So if about one-sixth of the child population died in or just before that year, surely the population should have been impacted? Population growth has continued to increase as these 1900's children (whether alive or dead) have continued to procreate.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pop...i57j0i512l9.3707j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

In 1999, Albright played a key role in the war on Yugoslavia, engineering the failure of the negotiations that preceded the war. Albright presented the Yugoslav government with an “agreement” that would have allowed NATO to forces to occupy the entire country, with the unheard of provision that Yugoslavia would pay for the expenses of the occupation!

After the talks broke off, a “top official” (Albright) told reporters in an off-the-record session: “We intentionally set the bar too high for the Serbs to comply. They need some bombing, and that’s what they are going to get.” When the Yugoslav government predictably rejected the ultimatum disguised as a “proposal,” the bombing began and continued for three months.

The previous poster who called her a warmonger seems pretty well on the money.

Fritz the Cat

Jan 6, 2022
A bit of advice.

When you use words like that in 2022, you come across like a character out of Dads Army and a bigger prat than the person you are criticising.

See speeches of Donald Trump etc...

Typical lefty - no coherent argument so resort to personal insult. Your intellect - and world view- are rather under developed aren't they ? I'm a social democratic Labour Party member - not a Trumpist As for your advice - insert into appropriate orifice.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Just another yank who loved killing civilians with the purpose of allowing American oil companies to gain control over resources. Nothing unusual, and of course the closet Western supremacists are as usual going to defend that modus operandi. As I see it, she wont be missed.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sanctions on Iraq started in August 1990, four days after its invasion of Kuwait. Sanctions were approved by the United Nations Security Council.
They weren’t solely down to America. I’m no lover of the USA, and have no desire to ever go there, but it wasn’t their decision alone.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Smart women who had the measure of things, not least Ukraine...

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
A bit of advice.

When you use words like that in 2022, you come across like a character out of Dads Army and a bigger prat than the person you are criticising.

See speeches of Donald Trump etc...

A bit of advice.

When you use words like the above all you do is successfully alienate people to your point of view, people that in all honesty when push came to shove probably think your ideology’s are quite fair and balanced, they just think **** you in the end [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here