Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mad dogs

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
When I saw the ending of Homeland I thought "well it wasn't the ending I was expecting - it was too simplistic but at least it made sense and it wasn't open ended or unbelievable"

Tonights Mad dogs ending make the writers look like they got bored.

Ok so the bill board says road to no where and you can piece a theory about what happened from some "clues at the end" but the self inflicted story doesn't work if you see the "baddies" turn up at the airport shoot up and chase them etc just to suddenly disappear without explanation!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Stunning series apart from the ending which was clueless in my view.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thank god we all agree! 3 and a half good series... Annoying last episode though.

What is so painful to me was when Glenister was in Ashes To Ashes the ending was quite possibly the most stunning end to a series ever.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
No one's said it yet...

They were tracked to the beach, graves were dug, they were killed.

The last bit was them after they had died - so all a bit surreal, with the mafiosi disappearing, John Simm having a doppelganger etc.

A bit odd, but just going a bit further than the end of The Sopranos.

scooter1

How soon is now?
No one's said it yet...

The last bit was them after they had died - so all a bit surreal, with the mafiosi disappearing, John Simm having a doppelganger etc.

So that was it then? I watched both episodes last night, having really looked forward to it, but was left totally bewildered, and still am, even after having read a few explanations(lots of commas there sorry)
Surely they could have come up with a better ending.....

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
So that was it then? I watched both episodes last night, having really looked forward to it, but was left totally bewildered, and still am, even after having read a few explanations(lots of commas there sorry)
Surely they could have come up with a better ending.....

That was my take on it anyway. Nothing else makes sense to me.

It would have been very, very dark to just end it with them being shot, at the end of what was quite a light-hearted series. Because of this they had to show that even in death they carry on in their cheeky chappie ways. Or something.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
That was my take on it anyway. Nothing else makes sense to me.

It would have been very, very dark to just end it with them being shot, at the end of what was quite a light-hearted series. Because of this they had to show that even in death they carry on in their cheeky chappie ways. Or something.

Did find the bit where they took off the hoods to reveal that the gang had disappeared, even the wheelchair leader in seconds with no visable tracks a bit wierd and unbelievable.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Did find the bit where they took off the hoods to reveal that the gang had disappeared, even the wheelchair leader in seconds with no visable tracks a bit wierd and unbelievable.

It was both weird and unbelievable...unless they were dead! Different reality, man!

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

That really made my late breakfast, I just found that after all the weirdness, you picked up on the trackless wheelchair, that made me chuckle, thanks.

D

Deleted member 18477

No one's said it yet...

Well done sir!

On Twitter, Max Beesley confirms the episode's ending from another user: The four were indeed executed on the beach, and their souls left to realise their past mistakes. The Baxter behind the Blair mask represents the four as their worst enemies, and the four drive off the bridge to Hell.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Well done sir!

On Twitter, Max Beesley confirms the episode's ending from another user: The four were indeed executed on the beach, and their souls left to realise their past mistakes. The Baxter behind the Blair mask represents the four as their worst enemies, and the four drive off the bridge to Hell.

:thumbsup:

There you go. It wasn't so bad after all, then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here