Macca

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
blimey at least he is still here
how many does NSC mention FFS and how long has he been gone
That's my, badly made, point.

Macca's name will loom large over NSC for years to come.
God forbid we actually 'let it go'.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Following TB interview a couple of weeks ago about how both CMS and TB had been let down by Gus promises plus the fact CH tried to buy him for Norwich, so obviously rates him, I expect him to get offered a new contract. I hope he does and goes on to show what he can do.

I too fear TB will do what no chairman should ever do and meddle in player recruitment, giving CMS another deal :down::

liam82

Onwards and Upwards
Apr 8, 2007
Eastbourne
In my opinion and comparitivley speaking CMS has to be the biggest failiure in Albion history?

look at it this way you sign a player like gary hart for £1000 and a set of kit and as Brian Horton said you can't really be a faliure at that price, many years later legend status assured.

CMS most expensive signing ever, will walk away from the club a millionaire and delivered nothing, his fault or not that's his legacy, one to be quickly forgotton for all concerned.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I think cms will be here next year. I also think leon will be too, as Chris clearly likes him.

I'm predicting the complete opposite! I think Best was brought in more in hope than expectation. Failed experiment.

If this club wants to genuinely mount a promotion bid then the above two and Chris O'Grady won't be the answer.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The contrast between Murray and CMS says it all. Craig is a worker and will be missed, but think League 1 is more his level

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
1) Hardest working player in the squad.
2) Provides only moments of genuine class amongst rest of dross. ( e.g volley v Huddersfld )
3) Underused and wrongly used in his time with us.
4) Confidence player and suffered under Poyet, due to managers' inability to support him. Has struggled since then due to injuries and further lapses in confidence.
5) Best crosser of ball in club.
6) Used properly, would score 15-20 goals every season for us.
7) One of only 7 players I rate and would keep but fear he will depart.

I think you're being incredibly generous to CMS with those 7 statements. Apart from point 1 I can't really agree with much else I'm afraid.

Great work rate and effort but touch and finishing has been woeful this season.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
1. Yes, he does run around a lot
2. Hardly, he struggles to control the ball let alone strike it cleanly
3. He's hardly underused in his time here, had more than enough chances . Wrongly used ... Yes he hasn't ever played off a no. 9 but compared to Barnes and Baldock who were both shoved out on the wing he's done alright.
4. Yes he's a confidence player but to blame Poyet for all of cms's miss hits, fluffs and general tripping up over himself is generous.
5. Really?? Why isn't he on corners when he plays?? One cross does not make him a top crosser, barely gets any crosses above waist height!
6. Are we counting training ground goals? He would struggle to get 20 championship goals in the rest of his career.
7. That's not saying a lot though is it. Also, bare in mind that he's probably our highest paid player it's time to free up the wages for a striker that can score.

Agreed

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't believe we're all so blinkered we missed:-

Macca - All we can do is pray.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I also think leon will be too, as Chris clearly likes him.

I'm sure that was fear of everybody at The Amex on Tuesday, hence the booing. Out of the two I'd rather see Macca here but would prefer it if they both moved on. Best because he adds nothing to the club and Macca just needs a fresh start somewhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here